• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Primary Flight Question?

matt_NFO

Good evening all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the policy for pinks sheets before PRB/Drop, specifically for marines at NAS Whiting Field (Primary Flight)? I know in API it is two and out (no exceptions), curious if the policy stands though the rest of your training or just in API. Any word is appreciated.

Semper fi.

SNA

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Good evening all,

I was wondering if anyone knows the policy for pinks sheets before PRB/Drop, specifically for marines at NAS Whiting Field (Primary Flight)? I know in API it is two and out (no exceptions), curious if the policy stands though the rest of your training or just in API. Any word is appreciated.

Semper fi.

SNA
There are always exceptions

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Good evening all,

Semper fi.

SNA

It used to be 5 cumulative (including API) UNSATs/Pink sheets before wings for a time but those policies change with MATSG, Wing, and Squadron COs... Ask your current command for Marine specific guidance because it's often different by service.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
It used to be 5 cumulative (including API) UNSATs/Pink sheets before wings for a time but those policies change with MATSG, Wing, and Squadron COs... Ask your current command for Marine specific guidance because it's often different by service.

Yeah, ask, because when I went through it was 2 in API or 3 cumulative. Obviously, things change.

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Five?!?!

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
For a while it was nine.

tumblr_lp6fjpCRo81qz4yoao1_500.gif

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Waaaah. Anybody else around for Black Monday in 1991 when the Navy culled a multitude of SNA's - all the way from API to guys waiting to wing - who, although passing, had the lowest NSS's? Ugly times. 5 years later the Navy had a T-notch and deficit of pilots in certain year groups....

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
There were also the dark times when people with <35 NSS were getting winged left and right.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
During my time at VT-86, we instituted an end of block NSS check. Anything less than 35 NSS, was an auto-PRB.