• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

Jeff29

Science Project
Hey, just found a way to solve my problem, anyone have an ejection seat I might be able to ride?:)
Just go find a nearby playground, hang upside-down on the monkey bars, then let go and land on your head. That should compress your spine at least 1/3 of an inch. Or maybe just shave your head and ask if you can be measured naked - your hair, flight suit and underwear are probably 1/3 inch.

nugget81

pilot
Hey, just found a way to solve my problem, anyone have an ejection seat I might be able to ride?:)

I was in a very similar situation as you just a few months ago. My sitting height was 1/10" above the max as measured by NAMI at NASP. I submitted a request to my flight leader to be remeasured, which was forwarded on to the squadron's flight doc, who submitted it to the skipper, and then to CNATRA. It took a couple of months to get approved. I submitted the original request before I started RI's and the squadron still had to hold my selection for one week so that I could get the approval and be flown out to Pensacola for an "official remeasure" with the civilian at the API building. When I got to Pensacola that day, I wore compression shorts and jumped off a picnic table behind a hangar for 5-10 minutes before I went in for the remeasure. Now I'm good to go for T-45A's (which are more comfortable than the T-34 ever was!)

Keep in mind that the timing was nothing less than ideal and your mileage may vary. Just wanted to let you know that remeasures are possible in primary. Good luck!

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I know some guys got remeasured but I guess they're not allowing it anymore. I'm not giving up yet though, got a few more ideas.

Jeff29

Science Project
I know some guys got remeasured but I guess they're not allowing it anymore. I'm not giving up yet though, got a few more ideas.
Is "they" your command or NAMI? I know that a few years ago some commands were letting Studs go get remeasured if they travelled on their own dime. (i.e. snivel for Thursday afternoon and Friday, head to P-cola on Thursday, get measured Friday, be back by Sunday night -- you pay all the travel costs and use your own leave if you're travelling outside the "radius")

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
I would be more than willing to do that, but I think it's a CNATRA issue, not sure exactly. I'm meeting with my CO tomorrow for selection so I'll try and plead my case then.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I would be more than willing to do that, but I think it's a CNATRA issue, not sure exactly. I'm meeting with my CO tomorrow for selection so I'll try and plead my case then.

You are correct. This was a CNATRA issue and not based on the individual commands. As of last year (I've been out of STUCON for a while), the policy was no remeasures CNATRA-wide. Then there was a waiver allowance that came about for sitting height. The waiver wasn't in black and white, but the commands had a verbal from NAMI/CNATRA and were allowing rechecks IF the only issue was sitting height AND if they thought the stud was worthy (ie, you wanted jets, you didn't suck, and you weren't a problem child).

The above is why it seems like different people have different stories. No doubt there some isolated incidents where studs were rechecked for other measurements, but those were most likely on an individual basis because the command was impressed w/ the individual and backed them.

Kycntryboy

pilot
Just go find a nearby playground, hang upside-down on the monkey bars, then let go and land on your head. That should compress your spine at least 1/3 of an inch. Or maybe just shave your head and ask if you can be measured naked - your hair, flight suit and underwear are probably 1/3 inch.

Dude hanging from monkey bars will decompress your spine. The only way to compress it is to stand up and let gravity compress it. I've heard of somebody who slept upright for 3 days to qualify.

Jester

pilot
If you go to NAMI to get remeasured just make sure your command is aware of and authorizes the trip. There was a guy in Meridian a couple of years ago that went down to NAMI to make sure he was anthroed out of prowlers without letting anybody in the command know. He ended up getting anthroed out of the T-45 in the process and thus NPQ'd from advanced flight training. When this happened he was allready somewhat through the syllabus. Needless to say the squadron and the wing weren't to happy about it. He ended up getting a waiver and finishing flight school but he had to endure a lot of headache, not to mention allmost getting kicked out of flight school, to get back in training. Unless you have a reasonable argument to getting remeasured, I'd say just play the cards you were dealt and make the best of it.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I distinctly remember that fiasco; this is the first I've heard that said individual didn't get attrited. Of course, we all know how the student rumor mill is. I never had a name to put with the story to discover if the rumors were true. And I'm pretty sure I don't want one anyway. But it's good to hear he got a chance to (hopefully) learn from the screwup.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
I was in a very similar situation as you just a few months ago. My sitting height was 1/10" above the max as measured by NAMI at NASP. I submitted a request to my flight leader to be remeasured, which was forwarded on to the squadron's flight doc, who submitted it to the skipper, and then to CNATRA. It took a couple of months to get approved. I submitted the original request before I started RI's and the squadron still had to hold my selection for one week so that I could get the approval and be flown out to Pensacola for an "official remeasure" with the civilian at the API building. When I got to Pensacola that day, I wore compression shorts and jumped off a picnic table behind a hangar for 5-10 minutes before I went in for the remeasure. Now I'm good to go for T-45A's (which are more comfortable than the T-34 ever was!)

Keep in mind that the timing was nothing less than ideal and your mileage may vary. Just wanted to let you know that remeasures are possible in primary. Good luck!

You must be one of the luckiest mother-truckers WRT timing... first with PRK whilst in BDCP, now with barely greasing your way into a jet slot after NPQ...wow. Just, wow.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I distinctly remember that fiasco; this is the first I've heard that said individual didn't get attrited. Of course, we all know how the student rumor mill is. I never had a name to put with the story to discover if the rumors were true. And I'm pretty sure I don't want one anyway. But it's good to hear he got a chance to (hopefully) learn from the screwup.

And oh irony of ironies....he got Prowlers.

True story. Don't know the name, but know the face.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And oh irony of ironies....he got Prowlers.

True story. Don't know the name, but know the face.
Well damn, I probably know him then. Oh, well, none of my business anyway. Life's funny that way though.