• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Pipeline Cut

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
It's official, I'm going P-3s. Most likely I'll be going to VT-31 and flying the T-44. Anyone know what the probability of being able to fly glass cockpits at all since I know they're in the process of converting. Also, anyone have any good P-3 wallpapers?

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
It's official, I'm going P-3s. Most likely I'll be going to VT-31 and flying the T-44. Anyone know what the probability of being able to fly glass cockpits at all since I know they're in the process of converting. Also, anyone have any good P-3 wallpapers?

Congrats, buddy! :)

Good luck in the warpig!

MasterBates

If you want to be done quickly, give serious consideration to the T-44A. It's the same plane, and will feel more "at home" coming from the T-34, and has much better sim and aircraft availability (note, I finished at -31 in September, so my info is 6 months time late)

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Thanks, Bogey. Feels good to be done. How much faster would I finish up in the 44A? I'm not sure if I have much of a choice but I'll think about it, thanks. How was -31 as a squadron?

MasterBates

31 seemed OK, but I was an IUT when I was there, so I did not have to deal with much student silliness. Besides weekend ORM cards. (not kidding)

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Are you sure? I thought he got hornets.

The guy I know about did not. I thought he got Bugs west or something, but then I saw him here in his Squadron on the Island. I don't think the re-measurement thing was an isolated incident, though, so it is more than plausable that there are a few stories like this.

This particular one I know went to NAS P'Cola to get remeasured, had some issues down there (I don't know if this feller was fully NPQ at that time), the command was so informed, and his balls got crushed. But he has wings and flys jets, so his balls survived along with the rest of him.
Well actually I didn't get a good look at the bits and kibbles, so they might still have some scarring...haha.

Pilot123

pilot
I selected today and I got P-3's. I am happy with my selection and am looking forward to some awesome duty stations.
For what it is worth to others out there - I had a 60 NSS and my buddy had a 57. We both had tailhook first. There were 24 Navy selectees - 2 Tailhook, 12 P3, and 10 Helo slots.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Congrats, welcome to the P-3 (sel) crew here in Corpus. It's a good time and the weather is starting to get nice.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I selected today and I got P-3's. I am happy with my selection and am looking forward to some awesome duty stations.
For what it is worth to others out there - I had a 60 NSS and my buddy had a 57. We both had tailhook first. There were 24 Navy selectees - 2 Tailhook, 12 P3, and 10 Helo slots.

That's a crazy drop. The helo spots are representative, but I guess they needed P-3 guys.....

billiken2002

pilot
xj220 and jmetx07

congrats on P-3's

my opinion with the T-44C's, as much fun as they would be to fly....that will be your only experience flying a true glass cockpit, until the P-8 comes around. There are a couple P-3's here at VP-30 that have the glass HSI's and FDI's, but thats it. So, it might be a little harder to transition to the glass cockpit and then back to steam gauges (just my opinion, never flew with glass)

and for background pics...cheesy, but almost every VP-30 powerpoint ends with this slide

Attachments

• Papa Tre Chuck.JPG
    Papa Tre Chuck.JPG
    30.3 KB · Views: 96