• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
After further review the BOOST site does suck. I guess I got too excited since I had never seen the site before.

The BOOST info package is better organized, so that is what i'm going to follow also.

Thanks for setting me straight.

Good, at least two of us will report with all the same stuff and look like clowns together if it turns out we were wrong, lol!

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
On another note, when is everyone that's going to BOOST planning on checking in? I plan on driving down from my folks' place in southern Mass probably sometime in late morning/early afternoon on the 16th to check in and get my room assignment situation figured out. What about the rest of you guys?

haubby

None
Contributor
On the orders it says if reporting on the 16th report between 0700 and 0900. Just something to think about.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
On the orders it says if reporting on the 16th report between 0700 and 0900. Just something to think about.

Is that for BOOST only or does that include NSI. I can't find anything on my orders that says between 0700 and 0900. All I could find was:

NSI: REPORT TO NEWPORT RI NLT 0700, BASED ON YOUR CLCVN DATE FOR 8 WEEKS TEMDUINS FFT NROTC.

I'm guessing that "CLCVN" means "class convene"? That seems odd since class starts on the Feb. 18 but the NLT date is Feb. 17. I was just planning on leaving Norfolk on the 16th and arrive that evening.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
I'm guessing that "CLCVN" means "class convene"? That seems odd since class starts on the Feb. 18 but the NLT date is Feb. 17. I was just planning on leaving Norfolk on the 16th and arrive that evening.

That's pretty much standard verbage for for orders.

I'm flying in on the 17th to Providence around 10am.

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
Ok, here are two questions:

I re-enlisted Friday for 6 years. I was not allowed to extend as per PSD; however, I am supposed to obliserve until 2014 (1 month shy) and added to that the two year extension for the Pilot slot. Anyone else having this battle with PSD?

Also, speaking of PSD, on the NSI website, it clearly states that if you are single, and you are attending a school in the same area that you are stationed in (ie, Norfolk, VA) that you can get PSD to keep your BAH. My command is (small command) stating that I have to route a chit to keep it, is anyone else going to college in the same area that you are currently located at?
Why does it seem that the post-selection paperwork is more confusing than the actual initial program stuff!!?? Oh well, Semper Gumbie!

mh53eflyguy

Stashed...again.
<--------------------Not bring a "full" seabag; however, I'll keep whatever I don't need in my vehicle.
I just purchased $130.00 in items today to fulfill the other non-issued items (ie Bathrobe, etc.)

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Ok, here are two questions:

I re-enlisted Friday for 6 years. I was not allowed to extend as per PSD; however, I am supposed to obliserve until 2014 (1 month shy) and added to that the two year extension for the Pilot slot. Anyone else having this battle with PSD?

Also, speaking of PSD, on the NSI website, it clearly states that if you are single, and you are attending a school in the same area that you are stationed in (ie, Norfolk, VA) that you can get PSD to keep your BAH. My command is (small command) stating that I have to route a chit to keep it, is anyone else going to college in the same area that you are currently located at?
Why does it seem that the post-selection paperwork is more confusing than the actual initial program stuff!!?? Oh well, Semper Gumbie!

You are authorized to extend up to 48 months over the course of your career. Unless you have used that up in the past, you should be able to extend for that extra month (or any amount up to 48). I extended 48 months to meet my obligation and had no problems from PSD. They just told me that if I didn't re-enlist/sign a new obligation (for commission) before the end of the 48 months I wouldn't be able to extend for the rest of my career. Since I should commission before the end of my current enlistment, I don't think it's going to be a problem for me. It shouldn't be a problem for you either.
I will be going to school in the same area I am currently stationed and am keeping my BAH for here but that is because I am married and have kids. I'm not sure how it works if you are single. I thought I saw another thread on here talking about that...

I agree, the paperwork now is way more confusing than before!

Edit: For the Seabag, I'm bringing all the uniforms that I currently own. If there is anything else I need, I'll buy it when I get there.

EM1toNFO

Killing insurgents with my 'messages'!!
None
I'm not bringing a "full" seabag either. I haven't worn boots for almost 3 years now and don't have any. I'll be bringing 3-4 Sets of Working blues, a set of dress blues, my peacoat, Eisenhower jacket, 2 sets of utilities and maybe 1 set of coveralls. I haven't had a rain jacket since bootcamp. If I need anything else, I'll buy it when I get there. I don't plan on reusing any of my current uniforms. The working blues and white CNT pants I have are getting a little wore out. I say all of us who are going on the 17th we all bring the same things, then if we don't have something, then we all don't have it. Whose onboard?

EM1

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I'm not bringing a "full" seabag either. I haven't worn boots for almost 3 years now and don't have any. I'll be bringing 3-4 Sets of Working blues, a set of dress blues, my peacoat, Eisenhower jacket, 2 sets of utilities and maybe 1 set of coveralls. I haven't had a rain jacket since bootcamp. If I need anything else, I'll buy it when I get there. I don't plan on reusing any of my current uniforms. The working blues and white CNT pants I have are getting a little wore out. I say all of us who are going on the 17th we all bring the same things, then if we don't have something, then we all don't have it. Whose onboard?

EM1

I'm bringing what I currently own, if I need to buy anything else I will do that when I get there.

Luke