• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

user2176

STA-21 Core Selectee FY08
Contributor
Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 6 Nov 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 27 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 15 Oct 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 6 Nov 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: 12 Dec 2007

And the waiting continues...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Congrats! I'm sure that means that everyone that was also waiting on that word also had their orders requested. I just checked the website, but it still says "data not available" for me, so I emailed Ed to verify...

user2176

Contributor
According to other posts it was advised that orders should take 10 days from the date requested. Anyone from privious years have any input on that?

So maybe by Christmas. What a nice Christmas present. :D

Then a little over a month to get everything in order and checkout.

OneBadSSS

According to other posts it was advised that orders should take 10 days from the date requested. Anyone from privious years have any input on that?

So maybe by Christmas. What a nice Christmas present. :D

Then a little over a month to get everything in order and checkout.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but this is the email I just got back from Ed:

"That's news to me. No orders have been requested yet. But soon.
v/r
Ed Straten"

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Sounds a lot like when the 'glitch' caused some of us to get the physical/placement page. Or maybe the website guy was just getting a head start for tomorrow.

OneBadSSS

Sounds a lot like when the 'glitch' caused some of us to get the physical/placement page. Or maybe the website guy was just getting a head start for tomorrow.

Well considering that there are 80+ people waiting on physicals at BUMED and an untold number that probabaly haven't submitted their paperwork yet, I doubt the the web guy has that much work to do! :D

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Well considering that there are 80+ people waiting on physicals at BUMED and an untold number that probabaly haven't submitted their paperwork yet, I doubt the the web guy has that much work to do! :D

uhh, a lot more than 80+ all of us being commissioned are currently waiting as well. I'm still waiting on NOMI's blessing, even though I already got it three years ago, and nothing has changed since then.

erelislt

Physical/Placement Information
Physical Info was received on: 6 Nov 2007
Your Physical Status is: QUALIFIED as of: 27 Nov 2007
Medical Comments:
Your HIV date is: 15 Oct 2007
Physical sent to BUMED: 6 Nov 2007
Degree Plan: Valid
Degree Plan Comments:
School Acceptance: Yes
Page 13: Received
Orders Requested: 12 Dec 2007

And the waiting continues...

Congrats! I am in the same boat. My orders were requester on 12DEC07 as well. :icon_boun Cannot wait to have them in hands! :D

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor

v/r
Ed Straten"

That is dumb...I seriously hope Ed is mistaken or out of the loop even though I think the chances of that are slim and none. They shouldn't be allowed to fvck with us like that...very uncool.

user2176

Contributor

It's a database... The website pulls it's data from hopefully a central source.
It's another glitch like the one earlier this year. That one was fun. ;)

erelislt

v/r
Ed Straten"

When was this replied? "But soon" probably means later that day or the next day (which is ok) :)

OneBadSSS

When was this replied? "But soon" probably means later that day or the next day (which is ok) :)

I received his reply at 1530 EST which is fairly late in the day. No idea what "but soon" means, but I do know that the last time I inquired about when orders would be requested, he told me to check back after the 15th, which I would have waited to do had I not seen this thread start yesterday. I am going to be pretty pissed off if only some people's orders were requested and not everyone's that have been waiting :icon_rage

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I am going to be pretty pissed off if only some people's orders were requested and not everyone's that have been waiting :icon_rage

Why on earth would you be pissed off at this point? I understand being anxious, but there is no reason that you should be pissed. You know two things already. 1. You've been accepted into the program. 2. You WILL be starting school in '08. Now, what else really matters if you have to do a quick packup or boost or NSI?

Be happy, the time to get pissed off is when you're 3 days from commissioning and NOMI is telling you that because you got a concussion ten years ago you might not be going aviation after all :) Even then though, I'm happy that I know I'll be an ensign, at least some day that is :)