• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

68 Chevelle

MM1 Nuke->FY08 STA-21 NFO Selectee
I just set up my smart web move last night. I will be doing a partial dity move, that is unless the navy can't get movers here to my house by the 31st of this month. If thats the case I will just move it all myself. What is everyone bringing to NSI aside from uniforms? Anyone bringing vacuum cleaners or cleaning supplies for the rooms? I'm certain the room inspections will be hard core, I am for sure bringing an iron and starch for uniforms, I'll buy an ironing board there, or get creative. As for right now I think I'm just going to check in wearing dress blues, then procede to turn the brain off and play puppet for 8 weeks! Out of curiousity when is everyone checking into their follow on commands? My orders say Graduate and seperate NSI 18APR08 and my report NLT than date to my ROTC Unit is 28MAY08 I was curious what the time span is like for everyone else?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
I am for sure bringing an iron and starch for uniforms, I'll buy an ironing board there, or get creative.

Re-read the info package for NSI on the STA-21 website! It specifically tells you NOT to bring an iron or ironing board as both of those items are provided for in the barracks. The list of recommended items to bring in addition to your "full" seabag can also be found in that info package...

On a side note, my boat pulled in today and this marks my last underway (hopefully) for atleast the next 4 years! I can't wait to transfer!!

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
Out of curiousity when is everyone checking into their follow on commands? My orders say Graduate and seperate NSI 18APR08 and my report NLT than date to my ROTC Unit is 28MAY08 I was curious what the time span is like for everyone else?

My orders say Report NLT 03May08 to Old Dominion.

ELT(SS)

If they are going to make us clean the rooms then they have to give us the stuff to do it with, so I am not bringing any of that. I was thinking about bringing my baseball glove and football. Later on it will be warm enough to throw a ball around if anybody would care to join me. I plan on bringing dress blues, working blues and utilities as well as smurfs, and don't forget the sweet reflective T-Shirts. Other than that I think I will treat this as an underway, bring some books, video games, and a whole lot of zoning out and letting time fly by. Have I mentioned today that I am no longer a nuke:D:DThis little green guy does not smile quite as big as I have been since I checked out Friday. Oh yeah, my orders say NLT 22May to San Diego

BOCOD

Nsi

I will be bringing all of my uniforms since they are already khaki and I can use them still. I am going to stay in Charleston and go to the Citadel. Anyone else going to the Citadel, and what degree are you getting?

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I was thinking about bringing my hockey gear, but I'm not really sure if we'll have the "liberty" to do that, unless they have a rink on base...doubt it. :(

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
I was thinking about bringing my hockey gear, but I'm not really sure if we'll have the "liberty" to do that, unless they have a rink on base...doubt it. :(

I wouldn't bother w/ the hockey gear, no where near that I know of to play hockey there.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Blues are a good idea, the trousers can be used for the o-side. If you have a spectacularly (sp?) clean pair of white trousers you can use those as well. Other wise E-6 and below stuff doesn't work for anything else.

BOCOD

The blues pants are slightly different. The E-6 and below are cheaper and a slightly lower quality. But like it has been said, if they are in good shape then bring them. To save some money, when you buy the wash khakis only open one package to wear. The other you can return after NSI and get your money back. You won't wear them at college and as soon as you get to flight school they will issue a flight suit. If you have a pea coat it is cheaper to get new buttons sewn on than to buy a new coat. Small things like that will help you save money when getting new uniforms, which in turn means more money in your pocket.

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I wouldn't bother w/ the hockey gear, no where near that I know of to play hockey there.

Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty much what I figured. Even if there was a rink close by, I'm not sure if the liberty policy would afford me the opportunities to make it worth dragging all my stuff up there.

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Thanks for the heads up. That's pretty much what I figured. Even if there was a rink close by, I'm not sure if the liberty policy would afford me the opportunities to make it worth dragging all my stuff up there.

I grew up in southern Massachusetts and I know there are indoor ice skating rinks in Franklin and Taunton, which are both probably a 45min to and hour driver from Newport (well within the 500 mile "no chit required" travel limit). If hockey is something you are that into than it might be worth looking into, just an FYI...

Flamedog

Freshly stashed Ensign
I grew up in southern Massachusetts and I know there are indoor ice skating rinks in Franklin and Taunton, which are both probably a 45min to and hour driver from Newport (well within the 500 mile "no chit required" travel limit). If hockey is something you are that into than it might be worth looking into, just an FYI...

Looks like there is a place in Fall River that has pick-up hockey, it's only about 20 miles away and $8 isn't a bad price either. Their schedule for the next month doesn't look too promising though. There were no weekend times and 1200-1250 is the only time during the week. The more I look into it, the more difficult it is to decide!:eek:

Perhaps I should just forget playing until I get back to VA for school...

Tgoss21

Physical StatusPhysical Information was received: 12/3/2007Physical Status is : QUALIFIEDDate of Physical Status: 12/21/2007Latest HIV test date is: 2/9/2007Physical sent to NOMI: 12/18/2007Physical sent to BUMED: 12/3/2007
Degree Plan Information

12 UNIVERSITY OF IDAHOUNIVERSITY OF IDAHOValid/Accepted

Order Requests

Order TypeRequestedDate Time GroupNSI AND NROTC ORDERS1/15/2008

SuccessStory

FY08 STA-21 SNFO SELECT
Anyone have a definite on the liberty policy? I've been reading and hearing alot of different things. My RTA told me today that he thought they had changed it to no lib... Everyone else says yes to lib... :confused: