• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Orders Requested - STA-21

Licarias

BOCOD,
Im going to the Citadel as well. Im majoring in Political Science, I looked into the engineering crap but at about 20 credit hours a semester that leaves too little time for getting them redfish.

-Tony

BOCOD

Tony,

I only have 2 years to get my degree because I am getting old. Buisness Admin is about the only thing I can get in that time. I looked into Political Science, but it is easier for me to get the Buisness Admin. I am taking 21 & 23 credits each sring and fall semester. The ROTC guys told me that is normal for STA-21 guys. They also said that is normally the guys going for engineering degrees, and they usuall graduate with around a 3.5 - 3.7 GPA. Because of this I am not worried. I am starting this Maymester, are you?

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Attn: BOOSTERS

So is everyone just doing a PCS move with advanced travel pay? Has anyone figured out how to more and get more. My wife is staying in VA for the five months I will be in RI. I know this topic has been touched on, but to me most of the info is directed toward NSI. I have been in Chicago for the past 5 days and boy are Condo's expensive to live in the city. Well worth it though.

Also I believe from what I have seen if I just bring dress uniforms, working uniforms, and utilities, I will be like all the others. Boosters please confirm

Lastly, my college is not requiring me to take any of the placement tests because of boost. Does anyone have a link to a better description of the Math (in particular) work we will focus on.

Licarias

BODOC,
Sorry its taking me so long to reply im actually driving across the country right now. Ya Im starting this Maymester as well and I am pretty excited to be getting back to Chucktown, well Folly Beach at least. I barely make all the cutoffs im concerned about agewise with my current degree plan so i got the 3 years. What option did you get picked up for?

Tony

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Also I believe from what I have seen if I just bring dress uniforms, working uniforms, and utilities, I will be like all the others.

I'm just going to bring everything I have for my enlisted Seabag (I have almost all of the stuff because I never got rid of or lost any of my bootcamp issue stuff) and I will jyst leave what I don't end up needing in the back seat of my truck...

Lastly, my college is not requiring me to take any of the placement tests because of boost. Does anyone have a link to a better description of the Math (in particular) work we will focus on.

I know that we'll be covering Trigonometry and Pre-Calculus but I don't know of any links to course content...

BOCOD

Tony,

I asked for the max age waiver but they only gave me until 29 so I only get 2 years. I turn 27 this comming May. Mr. Straten said the community manager said they only waive out to 29. When I was at the Citadel ROTC they called Mr. Straten and I believe the community manager and they said if you get picked up for pilot directly they only waive out to 29. If you get picked up core they waive out until 31. I was picked up for pilot. I am very worried about my degree plan, but when I talked with the ROTC guys they said they will make it work. It is possible with the degree plan they gave me, I just have the normal nuke train of thought, "How am I going to get screwed next?" It all better work out because I just reenlisted today. I transfer tomorrow, and then plan on going to Navy college next week to CLEP 3 more classes. The Citadel only takes up to 4 CLEPS. Are you comming to SC now?

Tim

Licarias

Tim,
No actually I am in St Louis Mo right now, and I am going to fly out of here to RI. I looked into making the drive all the way to SC then flying up to RI but the flights were more expensive and we arent looking to buy a house until this summer. I am originally from St Louis so I am staying free with family here which is nice. Man I think you speak for all nukes when you say you are waiting to see what will screw you next. It really is such a shame that we all have that same attitude, but I guess there is a reason for it. I do think though that for the first time in our careers, it is time to let a long sigh and for those of us not returning to the dark side, put that mentality behind us.

Tony

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
Tim,
No actually I am in St Louis Mo right now, and I am going to fly out of here to RI. I looked into making the drive all the way to SC then flying up to RI but the flights were more expensive and we arent looking to buy a house until this summer. I am originally from St Louis so I am staying free with family here which is nice. Man I think you speak for all nukes when you say you are waiting to see what will screw you next. It really is such a shame that we all have that same attitude, but I guess there is a reason for it. I do think though that for the first time in our careers, it is time to let a long sigh and for those of us not returning to the dark side, put that mentality behind us.

Tony

I have to agree with you both. Anytime a letter got sent to my ship I expected the worst. I go back to work on monday for one day and they are still making me take a CTP exam before I can debrief. Unbelievable. I could almost understand if I was coming back Nuke, but I am not. As much as I bad mouth it though it did open so many doors for me.

BOCOD

I had to attend the mandatory CPO training today and I transfer tomorrow. I don't really care though. Tomorrow it will get better after...

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
does anyone know when the uniform change is in Rhode Island? thanks for the help.

I know the further up the coast you go, the later into the spring that it occurs. If I had to guess I'd say sometime in May, mayb even early June...

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
that is what it was in Saratoga Springs, NY as well. I guess I have to buy the working white shirt...

ELT(SS)

I just have the normal nuke train of thought, "How am I going to get screwed next?"
Good to see I am not the only one that feels like since I am getting a deal that is good beyond belief, that there has to be 'the other shoe'. I am pretty sure I am going to end up with hemerhoids from sitting on my lazy butt afriad to go outside for fear of injury. I see an ice cube and I think 'that would cool off my drink nicely' but then is immediately change my thought to 'FU ice cube you will try to slide down my throat and lodge yourself in my lungs'. So hopefully with some time I won't dream of Rickover's dead old man arms reaching through the early morning fog on the campus of SDSU trying to pull me back towards the submarine base and make me draw trim and drain before I have to stand my ERLL proficiency before I can stand SRW after the shutdown before I have my biannual requal board so that I can take the continuing training exam to ensure that I know how to pour water from a big bottle into a little cup and press a button a bunch of times to make the machine tell me magical numbers that don't match the numbers that it said before so that I have to fill another bottle and repour that water into little cups and hope and pray and do a little rain dance to make the machine tell me numbers that make sense so that I can sit and stare at the wall until I have to do it all again. I can hope anyway:eek:

Lucky3

P-8 Driver
pilot
You make me miss being an ELT already. At least if it was pure water you could quit analyzing and use pH 7 buffer!!