• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

acnario

Recently looking into applying as a Officer in the Navy. I've been in communication with an officer recruiter.

Here's the details:
  • OAR: 42 02/20/2024
  • Degree: Bachelors of Science, Business Management (07/18/2023) - WGU,
  • GPA: GPA was told to follow GPA from AA Degree which is 3.57 - Credits were transferred from AA
  • Medical History:
    • Previously diagnosed with RHD (rheumatic heart disease) was cleared by cardiologist twice after completing treatment back in 2015 and 2018.
    • Had a EPS/RFA (electrophysiology study/radiofrequency ablation) a non invasive procedure for 16% Asymptomatic PVC and was cleared with along with the 2018 doctor after several tests were done to check hearts current condition.
    • Yes, I do have medical records for both clearance.

I am scheduled to retake the OAR next month for a better score to get better job options targeting 50>. I'm currently studying with the Mometrix Book 2019.

I confirmed with two officer recruiters about the medical history and was told that it is not disqualifying per the manual - NAVMED P117

The board I'm targeting are for May-July 2024 for SWO, INTEL, SC, MCWO and AMDO.

Hoping to hear what y'all would recommend. I know it is a process but want to know my options are to narrow it down. TIA

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Recently looking into applying as a Officer in the Navy. I've been in communication with an officer recruiter.

Here's the details:
  • GPA: GPA was told to follow GPA from AA Degree which is 3.57 - Credits were transferred from AA
  • Medical History:
    • Previously diagnosed with RHD (rheumatic heart disease) was cleared by cardiologist twice after completing treatment back in 2015 and 2018.
    • Had a EPS/RFA (electrophysiology study/radiofrequency ablation) a non invasive procedure for 16% Asymptomatic PVC and was cleared with along with the 2018 doctor after several tests were done to check hearts current condition.

I am scheduled to retake the OAR next month for a better score to get better job options targeting 50>. I'm currently studying with the Mometrix Book 2019.

I confirmed with two officer recruiters about the medical history and was told that it is not disqualifying per the manual - NAVMED P117

The board I'm targeting are for May-July 2024 for SWO, INTEL, SC, MCWO and AMDO.

Hoping to hear what y'all would recommend. I know it is a process but want to know my options are to narrow it down. TIA

Welcome to the page. I encourage you to search around this forum and leverage your resources by asking your recruiter.

robav8r

None
Contributor

Here's the details:
  • Medical History:

You may want to consider removing the "Medical History" bullet from your post. That info is between you, your doctor and your recruiter. Just my .02c

exNavyOffRec

Here's the details:
  • Medical History:

Your priority should be working with your recruiter to get to MEPS and get your physical so N33 can clear you. There are many medical conditions that while you may be cleared by a civilian doc are still disqualifying because you had that issue in the past.