• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Kevin Jenkins

pilot
I think I'm going to bring this over here since I like it so much. It got lost amidst the pages of the June/July/August thread. (@varlogkern gets the credit for the first post. And if you have any more of this stuff, you feel free to post it!) :

Usually I need a little pre-workout before the gym, but after watching that I'm good to go!

exNavyOffRec

Although they say that ASTB is the #1 factor, I think it may be weighed a bit different for fleet applicants. I've had a few fellow First classes here in Whidbey Island who had extensive records with sustained superior performance and only mediocre ASTB scores who were picked up this past year. These Sailors were also SOYs and SOQs and qualified in multiple platforms. It's definitely a plus to have a better score but I don't think it’s a show stopper if your scores aren't so high. I'm hoping for selection and my scores are probably minimum at best.

remember that the past year had selection rates that were near 100%, not something normally seen.

Lancerr1

Im totally addicted to the F-18 carrier landing game. I'm only having one problem; landing on the carrier is freakin hard. haha

Lol it was fun for awhile, but it got boring after I got the hang of landing on the carrier in sim mode with full controls.

Pcola1990

Hey,
Been lurking on here since May and was finally able to register. Got my packet submitted the week after June board so I'm here to wait with y'all. Here's to hoping the board convenes October 1.

A_Longo88

"Wild Horse"
None
I've come to the point where I'm checking BOL twice a day (morning and afternoon) in search of the magic box!!!!

KnightFlight

All you guys with your near perfect ASTB scores are beginning to make me nervous.

Shoot right when I clicked finished and saw my scores I was nervous. I was waiting out the 90 day re-test period and my recruiter said just to go with what I have. I have a crappy feeling I'll be back for the Jan. board thread...

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
All you guys with your near perfect ASTB scores are beginning to make me nervous.

I am right there with you. I would rather not retest with my current scores, but I think it is the only thing that will prevent me from being selected. Everything else about my applicaiton is on point. I am crossing my fingers for the both of us.

James_1987

I am right there with you. I would rather not retest with my current scores, but I think it is the only thing that will prevent me from being selected. Everything else about my applicaiton is on point. I am crossing my fingers for the both of us.

Personally if you have that strong of a feeling, I would retest. You have time from what I have been told before the next board. Nothing wrong with taking your career in your own hands. I think I was lucky I had my package in for the May board. I seen so many people with better scores.

FlappingBird

Greetings all! I have been going through the process of commissioning since early July and just completed my packet. My OR says it is in and will be ready for the next board. Discovering this website has been really helpful in what to expect in the coming weeks, especially timeframes. Judging by some of the posts in this and other threads here that looks like after Oct for a board. Here's to the wait. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:

Popo Jijo

Primary Complete
Greetings all! I have been going through the process of commissioning since early August and just completed my packet. My OR says it is in and will be ready for the next board. Discovering this website has been really helpful in what to expect in the coming weeks, especially timeframes. Judging by some of the posts in this and other threads here that looks like after Oct for a board. Here's to the wait. Good luck everyone!

Welcome!