• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

October/November SNA & SNFO Boards

Lancerr1

I'll chime in too to get this ball rolling.
Went through once, 23yo, only applying for SNA. Retaking the ASTB here on Friday, only because I got the Prorec-N for the July board. Hoping to improve my PFAR and FOFAR scores. My AQR could use a bump too. I should have my packet in for October board. I'm expecting (really crossing my fingers) that it'll be "At PM" by September 1. I've got a history of Navy and Aviation in my family's background, so I'm really excited to be able to keep the legacy going and serve for my nation.

The stuff that's going on in Iraq and Syria right now is incredible. @Chris_Clark posted the original CNN News article from yesterday about what our Naval Aviators have been up to in the last couple days:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/world/iraq-options/index.html?c=homepage-t

Does anyone know whether or not we get to choose Corpus Christi or P-cola for flight school? Is it just dependent on what class of aircraft we're selected to fly?

Also, I'm out of Albuquerque. If there are others applying out of NRD Phoenix or from here, message me and/or @Leetwo who was just selected Prorec-Y in July.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
I'll chime in too to get this ball rolling.
Went through once, 23yo, only applying for SNA. Retaking the ASTB here on Friday, only because I got the Prorec-N for the July board. Hoping to improve my PFAR and FOFAR scores. My AQR could use a bump too. I should have my packet in for October board. I'm expecting (really crossing my fingers) that it'll be "At PM" by September 1. I've got a history of Navy and Aviation in my family's background, so I'm really excited to be able to keep the legacy going and serve for my nation.

The stuff that's going on in Iraq and Syria right now is incredible. @Chris_Clark posted the original CNN News article from yesterday about what our Naval Aviators have been up to in the last couple days:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/08/world/iraq-options/index.html?c=homepage-t

Does anyone know whether or not we get to choose Corpus Christi or P-cola for flight school? Is it just dependent on what class of aircraft we're selected to fly?

Also, I'm out of Albuquerque. If there are others applying out of NRD Phoenix or from here, message me and/or @Leetwo who was just selected Prorec-Y in July.
I believe everyone goes to p-cola after OCS then from there either whiting field or corpus. Either way I've already got the pre-board jitters!

varlogkern

Frozen Hellscape Survivor
I believe everyone goes to p-cola after OCS then from there either whiting field or corpus. Either way I've already got the pre-board jitters!
Pre-board jitters, oh..... It only gets worse as it gets closer. Trust me... My mind will be majorly at ease once I find out if I can be reconsidered for SNA and once my kit is at PM. For now, the best way to relax to work on the PRT scores. Or at least, that is what I've done the last two times.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
Pre-board jitters, oh..... It only gets worse as it gets closer. Trust me... My mind will be majorly at ease once I find out if I can be reconsidered for SNA and once my kit is at PM. For now, the best way to relax to work on the PRT scores. Or at least, that is what I've done the last two times.

Speaking or prt scores... what is your routine? I've been doing p90x but I'm getting bored quick with it.

varlogkern

Speaking or prt scores... what is your routine? I've been doing p90x but I'm getting bored quick with it.
I enjoy running, so my routine is mostly based around that. Six workout days/week alternating long run days with short sprint days. Long run days (usually Sa, M, W) I'm pushing the mileage upward, right now I'm at 4 miles (~9:30/mi pace) per long day, wanting to be at 6 before OCS. Short run days (usually S, T, H), are 1 to 1.5 miles of sprints, with different kind of core exercises. I picked up most of the core stuff from /r/bodyweightfitness. I also have a set of power blocks, and use those as well. I've done the PRT to test myself, the run my best time was 12:00 but I wasn't really pushing it. I've never forced myself to see what I am on push-ups and sit-ups (curl-ups). But based on my routine I'm close. In a few weeks I'll likely do the whole PRT to set a baseline. I need to get more swim time in, it just stinks that the closest public/gym pool is a 45 minute drive away from me.

MambaJamba1124

Winging it!!
I enjoy running, so my routine is mostly based around that. Six workout days/week alternating long run days with short sprint days. Long run days (usually Sa, M, W) I'm pushing the mileage upward, right now I'm at 4 miles (~9:30/mi pace) per long day, wanting to be at 6 before OCS. Short run days (usually S, T, H), are 1 to 1.5 miles of sprints, with different kind of core exercises. I picked up most of the core stuff from /r/bodyweightfitness. I also have a set of power blocks, and use those as well. I've done the PRT to test myself, the run my best time was 12:00 but I wasn't really pushing it. I've never forced myself to see what I am on push-ups and sit-ups (curl-ups). But based on my routine I'm close. In a few weeks I'll likely do the whole PRT to set a baseline. I need to get more swim time in, it just stinks that the closest public/gym pool is a 45 minute drive away from me.
I need to improve upon my running, push-ups are almost perfect and everything else needs work except swimming that's pretty decent as we'll.

RMP

Looks good to me
First post, but I've been lurking for a long while. A bit disappointed to hear that the next board will be held in October, as my OR had me thinking it would be in September. In any case, I'll be taking the ASTB tomorrow. Getting excited... this is all becoming very real! I suppose I'll be submitting in October as well. Good luck everybody!

varlogkern

Is it October yet???
No. But I'm right there with you.

First post, but I've been lurking for a long while. A bit disappointed to hear that the next board will be held in October, as my OR had me thinking it would be in September. In any case, I'll be taking the ASTB tomorrow. Getting excited... this is all becoming very real! I suppose I'll be submitting in October as well. Good luck everybody!
Welcome to the wait, you're in good company!