• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct or Nov 2017 Aviation Board

USC6217

Quick question - Was an interview required for Pilot/NFO applicants in the past? I am starting to put together a package and the checklist my recruiter sent me doesn't have an interview requirement, but looking back in the forum it looks like many former applicants had interviews.

As a few others said, I didn't have an interview at all. You'll have to give 3 LOR's but I feel like they can't be held to a massive weight. I use two Marines I use to work with (got out Sgt's with multiple Quals), both of which I live with and one of their girlfriends as my LOR's and selected. Seeing people with O-4's and higher made me nervous but it worked out for me. If they are capable of writing convincing statements and know you well, use them, but that's just my experience.

Edit: Side note - I also have highly rated FitReps from Capts/Maj's which might have played a part, but I have no idea. Just a prior thing, maybe someone else can chime in on if this would change anything.

egri

Is it just me or is this board much less crowded than the previous board...

It could be that applicants aren't posting because they either don't know about the site or don't want to post until they have a result. That happened a lot with the July board.

Brad50

I guess it's time to throw my name in the hat again. Checking in pilot SNA only. 56 7/7/7. Good luck everyone!