• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Oct or Nov 2017 Aviation Board

takeoff

This is the first board with the new change.
Welp, looks like I'm gonna be missing this board as well folks. My recruiter told me that I only had to have the investigation open to submit for the October board. There's no way I'll get through the adjudication process by Friday.

I'll see y'all in the January thread.

cchopewell

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but with a convene date of 3 OCT, what would be the tentative report date for this board?

egri

I'm not sure if anyone can answer this, but with a convene date of 3 OCT, what would be the tentative report date for this board?

If you mean when you can expect to hear results, in the past that has been a few days to 1-2 weeks. For reporting to OCS, the last board met on 11 July, I heard back on 19 July, and got my FinSel 21 August for the class on 17 September, so about two months after the board met.

cchopewell

If you mean when you can expect to hear results, in the past that has been a few days to 1-2 weeks. For reporting to OCS, the last board met on 11 July, I heard back on 19 July, and got my FinSel 21 August for the class on 17 September, so about two months after the board met.
Thanks! I appreciate it

Checking in and ready to go.

Applying: SNA/SNFO
School: University of St Andrews (Scotland)
Major: International Relations and Economics
GPA: 3.35
LORs: Former Employer, AF O-6 (Flight Instructor), Fraternity Chair
Other: Private Pilot License
ASTB: 58 7/7/7
MEPS: Cleared, Vision 20/15

Good luck everyone.

I have an email directly from PC stating that packages are due NLT 03Sep and the board will be 01Oct.
Not sure if this is a change or a mistake on someone's part.

Also, for the sake of accuracy on the spreadsheet, I bowed to better judgment and will applying for both SNA & SNFO

Chairman4Life

Contributor
Applicants need to have an adjudicated clearance PRIOR to applying.
I already asked my recruiter and he wasn't sure, but do you think prior-enlisted applicants who already have an active security clearance will be affected by this?

menloe

Here is the updated spreadsheet. I have fixed the typo in the heading, added the newcomer, and removed two individuals who stated they would no longer be able to make this board.

Attachments

• 3 October 2017 Aviation Board Averages.xlsx
    44.8 KB · Views: 90
Here is the updated spreadsheet. I have fixed the typo in the heading, added the newcomer, and removed two individuals who stated they would no longer be able to make this board.

I'm no longer applying either but thanks for creating the excel sheet!

Loofahs

Welp, looks like I'm gonna be missing this board as well folks. My recruiter told me that I only had to have the investigation open to submit for the October board. There's no way I'll get through the adjudication process by Friday.

I'm pretty confused regarding this. This thread is the first time I've heard of this, my OR hasn't mentioned it. The only security clearance work he's given me is NASIS, which I filled out/completed ~1 month ago.

Am I to understand that this is different from NASIS and I am in the same boat as everyone else who will be missing this board due to the new requirements?

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I'm pretty confused regarding this. This thread is the first time I've heard of this, my OR hasn't mentioned it. The only security clearance work he's given me is NASIS, which I filled out/completed ~1 month ago.

Am I to understand that this is different from NASIS and I am in the same boat as everyone else who will be missing this board due to the new requirements?

This has been mentioned on AWs countless times. This has also been passed to the field COUNTLESS times. Based off the fact the next Aviation Board isn't scheduled for February recruiters should have rushed folks across this board.

dreamtoserve

Yeah there was something posted on here showing a board in February but my recruiter says the next scheduled Pilot/NFO board after October isn't until April