• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS questions

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Coota0 said:
Does Fartlek refers to a hill or a running style or a hill on which the running style is practiced?

Fartlek refers to a type of run where you stop every so often to do calisthenics and other exercises.

E.g. Run 400m, do 20 situps, 400m, 10 pullups, and so on for 3 miles. We did these 3-4 times a week.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
This is annoying... The 1" white tape I have is not as white as the 1/2" tape. I would say it's slightly off-white. Is this an issue or should I just STFU?

(See attachment, 1/2" tape on top, 1" tape on bottom)

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 49

E6286

OCC 191 Select
Hahhaha, open, I too have been freaking out about my 1'' tape being an off white lol. I think we are just overly worried. I don't even have 1/2'' tape. I didn't see anywhere that it is necessary. But my 1'' is also off white. I am glad you posted bc I never would have. I must admit though, I am cracking up that you posted pictures lol.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Carno said:
I never once used 1" tape.

Only 1/2".

I used it once - for the frame of my Alice Pack. It's just the right width - all the other guys were doubling their 1/2" tapes and making a mess of it.

Hmm, come to think of it, i think we were issued 3/4 in tape - we got 1/2 inch and 1 inch lettering stencils but the stencils didn't go the width of the tape. Anybody from this summer confirm?

Carno

Insane
Sorry yall, I typed the wrong thing. What I meant to post was that I only used 1" tape. Never 1/2" tape.

I was in Alpha Co.

As for stencils, we got 1" and 1/2" stencils. On my knowledge binder I have 1" tape and 1" lettering, but for all of my other gear, I had 1" tape and 1/2" lettering. On my alice pack I used two strips of 1" tape side by side. I seem to recall having 2" lettering on the pack, but I can't remember.

That's the only thing I can't recall for sure. Everything else I have photos of so I know for sure that's what I used.

KBayDog

openbah said:
What about the slightly off-white issue?

RE-FRIGGIN'-LAX!!!

Your tape is going to immediately turn brown once you put it on your gear, and you'll have to change it all the time, anyway.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Hey should I bring a 1/2" stencel of my name this summer. Or are they going to freak when they dump our gear. I would really like to have one, my name is 10 letters long and it will suck to free hand it on all my gear.

openbah

From another thread...
jacko said:
Awesome. 49 guys in your platoon will have one font on their uniforms because they follow instructions, and you will have a different font because you want to be an individual and save 10 minutes. Your drill instructors will love that.
From what I've read, those stamps sound like a good idea but just aren't worth it. Those that have been through OCS say they didn't use their pre-made stamps and just used the marking kits.

E6286

OCC 191 Select
openbah said:
From another thread...

From what I've read, those stamps sound like a good idea but just aren't worth it. Those that have been through OCS say they didn't use their pre-made stamps and just used the marking kits.

Every 190 grad that shipped from our OSOs office said that they used the stamps. To each his own...

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Questions

What’s the difference between the marking Kit and the stamps? What do both entail? Where do you use one and when do you use the other? And are either of these stencils or just something different all together? Hey thanks for so many questions.:eek:

openbah

The marking kit is what you are given in your large and small bag issue. The stamp is something that candidates are bringing on their own. Basically it's a self-inking stamp you can get made at Staples or Office Max that has your last name in 1/2" letters on it. Some recommend getting it, other don't. Totally optional.