• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattlowery

Thomas, I would love to throw a big huge nasty fish up on my desk at work and just gut it right there, lol. The looks on peoples' faces would be well worth it! As for the gouge, I have the General orders down and then most of the Code of Conduct. I am comfortable with the actual Rank structure, but just not the big huge paragraphs about the insignia afterwards. The recruiter told me yesterday that there will be plenty of people there who know absolutely NONE of it, so as long as we know some, we are ahead of the general gang a little bit. Also, we might think we know them now, but wait until that DI is all in our face. I think there is a good chance I might forget right there! I'm going to get all my supplies sometime this weekend or next week. I'm going to get a lot of little stuff done next week, like tune-up on the ole Ranger, etc....

Hey, are you taking aerosol deodorant or stick? It seems like i read somewhere that we couldn't take aerosol. Also, we are allowed to have triple edge razors right? I have a Mach 3 and love it. Someone had mention taking about 6 or 7 little plastic baggies in a few old posts and I couldn't quite figure out why. Any clues anyone?

Well, I hate to do it, but I need to go running and swimming. Later all!

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
man...10 days!!!
i still can't hardly believe it. its crazy to be leaving everything and everyone. my little black book i guess will have to be passed on. oh well.
i figure i'll buy all my crap this weekend. i haven't been living any differntly lately...still going out, still dating (mistake i can easily say), still doing the same ol' same ol'. so i guess now its time to buckle down and realize its actually happening.
man...10 days!
fly navy.
luke 'the procrastinator' riddle

el_riddle

60 bubba
oh, and michael,
i have extensive experience with the panama city pt. here is what i recommend: start early, way before you actually arive in p.c. and work on your reps. 'curling'...at minimul 4 times a week with sets to include 6-? reps. as for the 'crawling' i perfer the stationary workout...particularly in the shade on the beach with a jug of juice to break up the work out. this reduces the need for any unnecessary movement.
man, i'm going to miss beer.
luke

Jared

I hear you Luke, it seems like only yesterday that I got "the call" from my recruiter. I'm in the same boat as you guys on gouge: I've got a good chunk of it down, but I could stand to learn a little more. Matt, you may not be able to gut a fish at work, but the least you can do is show up for that last day in flip flops and jeans. I so much wanted to do that for my last day at Arthur Andersen, but I wussed out. In any case, do you guys plan on meeting at a certain time at the hotel or what? Let me know what ya'll ar thinking.

Jared

mattlowery

I say we make it 4:00 in the hotel lobby. We can figure out what to do from there. How does that sound to everyone? Luke, so you think the breaststroke should be the easiest and best way to do the swim? I'm gonna have to work on it a bit. I did it quite a bit tonight in the pool, but I still just can't imagine doing it for a mile. It's gonna kick my ass, but I'll appreciate it, hehe.

Oh yeah, i'm pretty good at those Panama City workouts too. I usually do about 6-8 reps per 12oz. and about 12 12oz. Oh yeah! Luke, we'll miss it, but it ain't going anywhere; it'll be there for us bro. I probably won't drink any Saturday night, well, maybe one, hehe. I just don't want my stomach killing me on Sunday.

Later guys!

Matt L.

Thomas B

Matt, well if you can't do the fish gig then try and do the flippers! That would be awesome! I'm still doing the same o' sameo', just trying to get the mind set on getting my butt chewed out! Man I feel like I gained a few pounds over the long weekend! I must be pushing my max weight I wonder what they will do if you are a couple of pounds over your limit? I'm 6'1" and my max weight is 207 and I think I'm around 210 getting kinda nervous about that! I hope I can drop a few pounds before I get there What have you guys heard about the weight limits?

Meeting in the lobby at 1600 sounds good to me! I will be there!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

dawgfighter

quote:
I so much wanted to do that for my last day at Arthur Andersen, but I wussed out.
Arthur Andersen huh! You got out just in time buddy

mattlowery

Thomas, don't know about the weight. I know a lot of it still depends on the body fat standards if you are overweight. You'll be fine though man, they'll take care of it in OCS. Just bust your ass down there.

Michael, Sounds like you got your routine down man. I love utilizing everything in site for a good workout. For my triceps, I like to do dips on a nice sturdy garbage can or toilet sometimes. Just hurl into it and kinda stumble to your knees a bit, then use your triceps to bring you back somewhat to your feet so you can hurl again. Do this repetitively and it allows you to do more curls afterwards. Dude, you're going to be in such good shape that you could just move into OCS and not go back to KS. Just fall into the runs and I'm sure they won't mind. Have a blast dude, but be careful.

well, i'm going to head into work here in a few. Thomas, the best i've been doing is strolling in about 3 hours late, taking a 3 hour lunch, and then heading home about 2 hours early. So all in all, I'm there a couple hours. I think I'm gonna get a saw and cut the walls of my cube down today, hehehe. Later all!

Matt L.

Thomas B

Well guys I just got my orders so I geuss it is official! I'm so pumped right now man I'm ready to go! Anyway, thanks for the encouragement Matt, I was kinda thinking the same thing as long as I pass the run, push-ups, and sit-ups I should be ok. I can pass all that so I'm not going to stress myself out over the couple of pounds that I put on.

Matt I hope you enjoy your last couple of days as a civillian slave and don't do too many of them 12 oz. curls tonight! Beware of the drunk married women, they will get you in trouble....lol!

Well I'm off to workout, later

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
so i still haven't made my reservation...i'm so procrastinating. thats all good though. well, its friday...and my last day as well. i have to be honest, i'll really miss my job. i loved substitute teaching. all i teach is hi skool, and one inparticular, so i got to care so many of the kids. but i laughed everytime someone asked if i was going to stay and teach full time. who would want to teach over flying for the navy? well, its ncaa tourney time and my cats look alright, everyone had them losing to valpo. looks like tonight is going to be filled with cigars, southern comfort and basketball with my dad and brother in law...not too bad a way to end a week.
hope you guys have a great weekend.
peace out.
luke

mattlowery

how's it going gentlemen. well, only a few more days left until the fun begins. i've cut down on my training a little bit because i don't want to injure myself before i go. i just ran 1.8 miles this morning, and the time was 12:30. however, at OCS i'm gonna have to do sit-ups and pushups right before that, woohooooo!

so are we still aiming for 1600 on Saturday?? (hehe, might as well get used to the military time right??) i guess we can all meet up and then head over to the quarterdeck to get orders checked in. then we need to slow the clock and make the next 15 hours go by slooooowly. i haven't memorized anymore gouge, so i need to try to do that a little bit in the next few days. i will feel comfortable with the General orders and the Code of Conduct memorized. the rest will just have to come later i suppose.

i have a friend in the 4th week down there that told me to leave the Navy blanket in the truck, and after the first week, we can get it. Does anyone know if we are allowed to take Palm pilots down there since they are like address books? my guess would be "no", but just checking.

Well guys, enjoy yourselves the next few days and eat plenty of carbos for some extra energy, hehe. Later!

Matt L.

Thomas B

Just think this time next week we will be bald! I haven't gotten my Navy blanket yet, so hopefully I can buy one there at the exchange on base.

My memorization of the gouge is not going to well. I haven't taken time to start yet. Everything here is crazy and I am ready to get there because I'm getting tired of all the questions, that people are asking me.

I ran a 12:30 today also but hopefully I will be able to do that or better next week. I will see yall at the hotel on Saturday, I drive a silver Dodge quad cab 4X4 so I shouldn't be to hard to pick out!

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

el_riddle

60 bubba
you guys will love this...i mildly spranged my ancle monday while playing basketball (my substitute for going for long runs)!!!!!
i'm icing and nursing it and trying to stay off of it as best as possible. but seriously what would be the fun of going there and not having anything to complain about :)
well, as for gouge, i have the gerneral orders memorized and most of the code of conduct, the others i'm just leaving to ocs.

what all are you guys bringing? i know you have to bring the required undershirts, undies and all that. but sa far as journals or Bibles, or things of that nature, do you know anything about that?
well, i'm off to meet a buddy of mine who has a garuanteed jet with the air force today for lunch. so i'm off. see you guys at 1600. peace
luke

Status
Not open for further replies.