• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS - March 23, 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

el_riddle

60 bubba
59 bucks doesn't sound bad...was that for a single or double?
so are we all going to get our own rooms i take it, or split the cost and get doubles? honestly, i don't care one bit. if i can, can i get that number so i can go ahead and book my room - thanks a ton.
oh, i also messed up something on my earlier post...its the sscra of 1991 - just wanted to clearify. so i'm a perfectionist, sue me (which is very ironic concidering my spelling ineptitude). alright i'm out.
peace
luke

Thomas B

Thanks for the gouge brooklyn! I think that place sounds awesome! I will not be eating a 32 oz steak I can assure you that! Now After I graduate from OCS that will be different story!

Luke, I'm going to book a single room. I figure it as my last night as a civilian I want to sleep in a room to myself. Try and get my head ready for the game. I've been reading on here and I already knew that I was going to get messed with just because I'm prior enlisted, but I read on here that the priors are going down there with bad attitudes. I don't think I have a bad attitude or anything but they may be gun'n for me when I get there! Anyway enough about that stuff. $59 is no problem to me so I'm going to book my room through the net.

Thomas

Thomas B

Ok Fellas, I just booked my reservation at the Holiday Inn Express at 6501 Pensacola Blvd. I got a rate of $55.00 because of Military discount! Wow! Saved $4.00!! Just tell the lady on the phone that you will have orders and that should be ok.

Thomas

mattlowery

Alright guys, all booked. I too just booked my room at the Holiday Inn Express. Will that make us smart staying at the Holiday Inn Express? Hehehe, anyone seen those commercials? anyways, lame. I am thinking right now that I will plan on leaving Nashville around 8:00 a.m. on the 23rd and hopefully get to P-cola around 3:00. I have never driven that way before, but looks like it shouldn't be too bad. Good ole Yahoo directions can't do me wrong :)

we'll figure out a time to meet in the lobby or something in a few days. Later!

Matt L.

Jeff29

Science Project
I just have to chime in on the blanket thing because it was literally the second best purchase I made (the best was a little lantern/flashlight thing I picked up at the Exchange).

Things may have changed in the 2-1/2 years since I was there, but unless you think you can make your rack in the dark without making a sound (metal-framed rack on a hard floor), take the blanket.

el_riddle

60 bubba
jeff...thats interesting about the blanket. could you guys give me the web site address to buy one. also i would like to go ahead and get my room, would one of you wonderful gentlemen mind giving me the phone number for the hotel? thanks so much!
luke

mattlowery

Luke,

The number is 850.476.7200. Have any of you guys filled out the Change of Address forms yet for the post office? How the heck are we supposed to fit our entire new address on that form?? There aren't enough spaces. Maybe I should just go to the post office and see if they'll do it right there.

Anyhoo.....2 weeks boys!

Matt L.

Thomas B

I think now that I will buy that blanket! I went to Colemans web address but didn't have any luck finding the blanket. I'm going to wait and buy it at the exchange when I get to Pensacola.

Well I just returned from a long weekend up in Hot Springs, AR! Now its time to get back to the grind. We have less than 2 weeks left before all the fun begins. So what time is everyone planning on getting to the Hotel? Do you guys want to check in the hotel first or just go on to base?

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

mattlowery

I am going to the hotel first. I would like to leave Nashville around 7 or 8 Saturday morning and try to get to Pensacola by 3 or 4. i think check in is at 3:00, so that should be just about right. I'm trying get all the little crap straightened out before I leave....mail, bank accounts, etc. That is a pain!

Matt L.

mattlowery

well, stopped by and picked up my oders today, all ready. Luke, the admin guy at the office showed me all the people from the district that are going to be there with us and there were about 5, mostly from Louisville. he had a big file with your name on it, actually had everyones' files. I guess they keep all the paperwork here or something?? anyhoo, I am getting excited and nervous at the same time.

well, time to go run and swim a bit. Later.

Matt L.

el_riddle

60 bubba
matt,
i have a buddy who went to skool with me at u.k. who went through the nashville recruiter named kyle ashby. he just left for ocs on the 9th with an aviator spot. did you happen to run into him at any point?
luke

el_riddle

60 bubba
oh man...
i just read my initial posting when i started this string. it said something about it being all push ups sit ups and running from here on out...if only i had kept to that! anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys. also there is a crypto chick from lexington that will be in our class that will be staying in our hotel. names robin, seems like a nice chick.
i watched 'once we were soldiers' or something like that tonight, and i have to say it was a quite stirring film. makes you take the responisbility of the military quite a bit more seriously.
well...peace, i'm out.
luke
fly navy

mattlowery

Thanks for the swimming advice Luke, appreciate it. For some reason, I seem to get more distance on the side stroke. i guess I just need to work on my breast stroke technique more. Maybe when we go tot he pool while we are in OCS you can give me some pointers. I saw Robin's name yesterday too. I remember her being the only female, and she was from Louisville. Paul Burke (a poster on this board) went to Pcola over the weekend for his Spring Break to check things out and said it was awesome. He said all you do is head straight down 65 South (which is where I live) and you run straight into Pcola. It took him about 6 hours going 85 mph with 2 stops. He said the Yahoo directions are perfectly accurate also.

Well, off to work. Take it easy. I'll be sitting at my desk all day at work watching my phone ring and playing on the computer. I have the "Office Space" attitude now. Last day is Friday! People at work are having happy hour for me tomorrow night at work (my last bit of alcohol until after OCS), so that should be fun.

Matt L.

Thomas B

Yeah just think 2 weeks from today we will be toasting in the Florida sun! Matt, sounds like you have got it planned out at work! Going out Thursday and getting smashed then going to work on Friday all hung over! Dude, have fun and don't worry about your last day on the job, just have fun! Go fishing and bring the fish back to your office and clean them; just like that movie 'Office Space'.

Well, I think I am ready for the trip. I picked up my supplies today and now just got to keep studying. How is everyone doing on their gouge? I haven't hardly looked at mine to be honest with you. I plan on hitting it hard next week before I go down to Pensacola.

Luke, don't feel alone because I haven't been able to stick to my workout routine either. As long as I can still pass the minimums I will be happy! I'm not saying that I don't want to do outstanding because I feel that at the end of OCS we all will get outstanding.

Thomas

Fly Navy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.