• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR IWC Board

boulai

If it is for your OAR waiver it shouldn't take that long, it may have been approved and you just don't know, it is the simplest of waivers to approve and it is in house so it should take only a few days.

The board date is an estimate, the board can meet sooner or later. Once they process the applications submitted by the deadline they will send them off to the senior member which is why I hope that waiver was already approved.
Thank you for this. I have an OAR (46) waiver and submitted 3 weeks before the due date and my recruiter went on leave and couldn't reach him. However, he came back the 3 days before the due date and had to work over the weekend to get my packet in. I was afraid my OAR waiver might not make it. It seems like the waiver might already been approved. My packet was submitted on the actual due date and I was for sure my packet would be routed to the summer board. Just to make sure I email Mr. Celestin and he said my packet is in and should see my name on the AT board list first week of APR before the convene date. If my name is not on the list my recruiter will have to reach out to the region command as to why my name is not on the list. I'm stoke and hope for the best.

Also, about a month ago I met an IT1 while he is attending his OCS bootcamp inside the newport base starbucks, I was surprised that they waived his TIS of 12 yrs AD since the PA stated nothing past 120 months is not waivable. I told my recruiter the story and he said if that's the case if I wanted to put MCWO as my first choice and IP as a 2nd choice in which that's what we did. Hopefully, everything works out between one of the two.

AD: 10yrs 2 months (Electrician Mate)
Degree: AA computer studies (3.5), BS comp sci (3.6), MS in cybersecurity (3.88)
Certifications: Sec+, CySA, CASP, and CISSP
OAR: 46 (waiver)
Internship (3 months): Cybersecurity analyst
Current Civilian job (6months): Cybersecurity Systems Engineer

Wish everyone the best.

Last edited:

exNavyOffRec

Thank you for this. I have an OAR (46) waiver and submitted 3 weeks before the due date and my recruiter went on leave and couldn't reach him. However, he came back the 3 days before the due date and had to work over the weekend to get my packet in. I was afraid my OAR waiver might not make it. It seems like the waiver might already been approved. My packet was submitted on the actual due date and I was for sure my packet would be routed to the summer board. Just to make sure I email Mr. Celestin and he said my packet is in and should see my name on the AT board list first week of APR before the convene date. If my name is not on the list my recruiter will have to reach out to the region command as to why my name is not on the list. I'm stoke and hope for the best.

Also, about a month ago I met an IT1 while he is attending his OCS bootcamp inside the newport base starbucks, I was surprised that they waived his TIS of 12 yrs AD since the PA stated nothing past 120 months is not waivable. I told my recruiter the story and he said if that's the case if I wanted to put MCWO as my first choice and IP as a 2nd choice in which that's what we did. Hopefully, everything works out between one of the two.

Degree: AA computer studies (3.5), BS comp sci (3.6), MS in cybersecurity (3.88)

Wish everyone the best.
If your recruiter was working over the weekend to get you application submitted on the due date he never submitted for the waiver, it is done at the same time, he dropped the ball.

Civilians are not to call NRC, while you were AD in the past you are not now and the rules are different. There have been times where from NRC to recruiter they want to know why was XXX XXX calling NRC, it isn't a good look for your or your recruiter if anyone finds out.

MCWO has no TIS restriction so no worries putting that first.

Your stats are good, I would feel hopeful for your selection.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

Wish everyone the best.

Are you still Navy SELRES? Why are you working with a recruiter?

boulai

If your recruiter was working over the weekend to get you application submitted on the due date he never submitted for the waiver, it is done at the same time, he dropped the ball.

Civilians are not to call NRC, while you were AD in the past you are not now and the rules are different. There have been times where from NRC to recruiter they want to know why was XXX XXX calling NRC, it isn't a good look for your or your recruiter if anyone finds out.

MCWO has no TIS restriction so no worries putting that first.

Your stats are good, I would feel hopeful for your selection.
I didn't plan on reaching out to the NRC, but before I got out was working with Mr. Celestin quite a bit regarding my packet since my CCC and command were clueless. Even the chief that got selected at my previous command said the same thing and he ended up doing his packet without the CCC's help. I was curious as the note on mynavyhr stated that any app submitted a week or two with a waiver before the due date will be forwarded to the next following cycle instead, so I reach back out to Mr. Celestin as I wasn't sure if my recruiter really submitted my packet on time since it was cutting too closed.

Also, thank you. I am hopeful for my selection too. I am glad I passed my CISSP a week before the packet was submitted and attached the result with my packet.

boulai

Are you still Navy SELRES? Why are you working with a recruiter?
I was a prior TAR/FTS and got out and went straight to the reserves. I am working with a recruiter because from my understanding and what I've known before while working with reservists was that all my reservists who submitted any OCS/DCO packet work through a recruiter and the NOSC just handle any miscellaneous paperwork (endorsement, dd368 submission, etc)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was a prior TAR/FTS and got out and went straight to the reserves. I am working with a recruiter because from my understanding and what I've known before while working with reservists was that all my reservists who submitted any OCS/DCO packet work through a recruiter and the NOSC just handle any miscellaneous paperwork (endorsement, dd368 submission, etc)

If you are SELRES and applying for OCS programs you are considered a fleet applicant and need to be working with your CCC.

If you are applying for DCO, correct you would be working with a recruiter.

boulai

If you are SELRES and applying for OCS programs you are considered a fleet applicant and need to be working with your CCC.

If you are applying for DCO, correct you would be working with a recruiter.
ahhh...make sense. I think that is why my CCC wanted my full packet before the CO endorsed my dd368. However, the weird part is that the CCC told me to work with a recruiter and they will handle any paperwork that is required by the NOSC. That was the reason I went with the recruiter at first.
One thing I wanted to ask and wanted to know if it is true or not is that, my recruiter told me I cannot submit a DCO packet while I am submitting an OCS packet. Is that true? Am just curious if he's lying or not.

Ian NP

Applying for CW 1810 this board. Best of luck to everyone.

Degree: Intelligence Studies with a concentration on Latin American Security
GPA: 3.5
OAR: 47
Prior: Currently AD with just over 5 years TIS
LORs: Two from Captains
Waivers: TIS (Was supposed to go to board before 5 years but OF COURSE they got "too many" applications and pushed mine to this one...)

timothysholtjr

Applying for IP 1820 this board.

College: The Citadel Military College of South Carolina
Degree: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.1
OAR: 54
Prior Service: Currently Undesignated Deck Seaman
LORs: 2 LT, 2 CO, 1 CPT, 1 O-7, 1 O-8
Waivers: None

Applying for IP 1820 this board.

College: The Citadel Military College of South Carolina
Degree: Mechanical Engineering
GPA: 3.1
OAR: 54
Prior Service: Currently Undesignated Deck Seaman
LORs: 2 LT, 2 CO, 1 CPT, 1 O-7, 1 O-8
Waivers: None
To quote an AngryCops video, “because I’m tired of being a bitch”. That’s what immediately came to mind.

LTA86

I am so happy to hear that. Good luck. When is the at-board list typically released?
I noticed your comment in a different thread about the At board list. My recruiter reached out to me earlier today, letting me know that I'm on the list, but I'm staying calm until the official results come out. Did anyone inform you if your name made it to the list?