• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS 08APR IWC Board

YoDuff

Currently waiting for my recruiter to update me.
Same! However, I did get approved for a waiver extension so my package can be submitted up until 08Apr. It has been like 3 weeks now since my waiver request was submitted so I am hoping it's approved any day now.

LTA86

Same! However, I did get approved for a waiver extension so my package can be submitted up until 08Apr. It has been like 3 weeks now since my waiver request was submitted so I am hoping it's approved any day now.
That's ironic. Exact situation I'm in.

exNavyOffRec

If it is for your OAR waiver it shouldn't take that long, it may have been approved and you just don't know, it is the simplest of waivers to approve and it is in house so it should take only a few days.

The board date is an estimate, the board can meet sooner or later. Once they process the applications submitted by the deadline they will send them off to the senior member which is why I hope that waiver was already approved.

LTA86

If it is for your OAR waiver it shouldn't take that long, it may have been approved and you just don't know, it is the simplest of waivers to approve and it is in house so it should take only a few days.

The board date is an estimate, the board can meet sooner or later. Once they process the applications submitted by the deadline they will send them off to the senior member which is why I hope that waiver was already approved.
Thank you for the information. Today, I was advised my waiver was approved and submitted to the board. My recruiter is now waiting to see Atboard list to see if my name is listed.

YoDuff

Thank you for the information. Today, I was advised my waiver was approved and submitted to the board. My recruiter is now waiting to see Atboard list to see if my name is listed.
I am so happy to hear that. Good luck. When is the at-board list typically released?

LTA86

Normally after the board starts, however there have been times where it wasn't posted.
Do you mind giving me insight on this situation:
*I've reached out and awaiting a response to see if it can be updated. Idk if it's too late, though*

The GPA entered on my APSR form displays a 3.1 GPA, but I believe this is incorrect and should be 3.5.

Program Authorizations 108C & 108D, it states that a conferred graduate-level degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative graduate program GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale will supersede an undergraduate degree with a non-qualifying GPA.

Therefore, my bachelor's and master's GPAs should only be used in calculations, as my associate's degree GPA does not meet the criteria. Would this be accurate?

Associates : 2.28 (non-qualifying)
Bachelors (MIS) : 3.23
Master's (Cyber Security) 3.95

exNavyOffRec

Do you mind giving me insight on this situation:
*I've reached out and awaiting a response to see if it can be updated. Idk if it's too late, though*

The GPA entered on my APSR form displays a 3.1 GPA, but I believe this is incorrect and should be 3.5.

Program Authorizations 108C & 108D, it states that a conferred graduate-level degree from an accredited institution with a cumulative graduate program GPA of 3.0 or greater on a 4.0 scale will supersede an undergraduate degree with a non-qualifying GPA.

Therefore, my bachelor's and master's GPAs should only be used in calculations, as my associate's degree GPA does not meet the criteria. Would this be accurate?

Associates : 2.28 (non-qualifying)
Bachelors (MIS) : 3.23
Master's (Cyber Security) 3.95
Not accurate, while your graduate GPA will supersede and allow you to apply, all classes and colleges attended will be used to calculate the GPA using the GPA calculation sheet.

Second try for 1880 (MCWO).

Active duty Aviation Electronics Technician (10 years TIS).
OAR: 52
Certs: CompTIA Sec+, CySA, PenTest, CASP.
GPA: 2.8 due to poor performance over 10 years ago. Conferred B.S. in Cyber (GPA 3.8). Enrolled in GA Tech's Master's in Cybersecurity program.
Waiver: GPA
LOR: 3
Current CO is an O6 and provided an Outstanding recommendation (unsure how much of a factor this is).

exNavyOffRec

GPA: 2.8 due to poor performance over 10 years ago. Conferred B.S. in Cyber (GPA 3.8). Enrolled in GA Tech's Master's in Cybersecurity program.
Current CO is an O6 and provided an Outstanding recommendation (unsure how much of a factor this is).
IWC does look at most things but it really depends how it was written and if it speaks to your performance over time.

Your biggest hurdle will be your GPA and the waiver issue.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

I would suggest considering SWO, LDO/CWO, or even aviation if you meet the requirements.

Waiver and TIS are going to hurt you.