• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
apparently have to head down to MEPS again....for the HIV test only....umm why would they have to test again? Did they lose the blood? Something bad with the test....there is no way it could be positive, right? They would have to inform you clearly that it was a positive not that you need a "retest"?

There is definitely no way I am HIV+.....

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
apparently have to head down to MEPS again....for the HIV test only....umm why would they have to test again? Did they lose the blood? Something bad with the test....there is no way it could be positive, right? They would have to inform you clearly that it was a positive not that you need a "retest"?

There is definitely no way I am HIV+.....

I have heard of people getting false positives often with that test. In fact it is a common statistics problem I had this past semester (false positives). They probably want to get a new sample and retest. HIV is well known as requiring multiple tests before someone can clearly be seen as having it. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
hmm really. Didn't know they were that prevalent. Good don't want to have to worry about it, just annoyed it is two weeks more than it would have, if I had only had to do it once. Plus a couple hour drive to MEPS. OH well...that is the nature of the beast! Not too big of a deal haha.

bwh06b

FS SNA
How long did it take your recruiters to get all of you into MEPS after hearing about your pro rec in November? I had talked to mine right after I heard, told him that I would be in town this week and the first few days of next week (I travel for work), and I still haven't received any word back on when I can have this part taken care of.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
How long did it take your recruiters to get all of you into MEPS after hearing about your pro rec in November? I had talked to mine right after I heard, told him that I would be in town this week and the first few days of next week (I travel for work), and I still haven't received any word back on when I can have this part taken care of.

Because you haven't done MEPS already your OR should want you to get to MEPS as quick as possible. Preferably this should be done within 2 weeks because you only have 90 days to have everything submitted to get a FS and if any problems arise you have enough time to fix them or put things on hold (if able).

bwh06b

FS SNA
Right, and I understand that aspect of it. What I realy want to know is how long from the time you got a pro rec until your recruiter actually called into MEPS or whatever it takes to get you scheduled, and took care of that part of it? I completed my medical questionnaire before I even went to the board, provided some documentation that they requested for a small surgery that I had done, and still haven't heard anything back. Is it that extensive of a process to get someone set up with a date go to get MEPS taken care of?

ker986

FS IW
I was pro-rec'd from the November boards and just completed MEPs this morning. My timeline was the following: Informed of my Pro-Rec on Nov 29th. Was given the medical questionnaire by my recruiter on Dec 1 and turned it in the next day. She informed me a week later on Dec 8th that I would be going to MEPs on Dec 15th. The process seemed to go pretty quickly for me, but I have no idea what factors may make it take longer or shorter for different applicants.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Is it that extensive of a process to get someone set up with a date go to get MEPS taken care of?

It shouldn't be. I told my recruiter when I was available and he scheduled MEPS. It is that easy. I could have done it within 5 days but due to my concussion I had to provide paperwork and the docs had to look over it. This led to my original MEPS date to be pushed back 2 weeks but that was because I couldn't make it in any quicker. Not because he couldn't have got me in quicker. I'm sure if I was able to go within a day or two then I would have been scheduled appropriately. That being said, the docs are probably looking at your paperwork and analyzing your surgery. I got a call from my OR saying when the docs approved my paperwork and that is when we arranged my MEPS appointment the second time. So it appears you are currently at the mercy of the docs and when they get around to approving you for a MEPS physical. I would call my OR a week or two after I submitted my paperwork if I haven’t heard from him/her. The docs may want more paperwork or maybe you are cleared either way you should be inquiring on how you can help him move the process along after that amount of time has passed.

What type of surgery was it? That may also have a big reason why you haven't heard back.

bwh06b

FS SNA
The surgery was for a pilonidal cyst. I've had a waiver for it before, so I'm not too worried about it. My brother is also an active duty LTJG, had the same surgery performed, and had no problems getting through the process.

Crazy*Carl

I was selected on the November board but require PRK and the 6 month wait. Will I be getting a Final Select letter soon, or will it be after I get the waiver for PRK? Thanks.

Nvytgr

Got my Final Select today. I can't wait to get to Newport.

Sex: M
Applied: 1.METOC 2.SWO/Ocean Option

Service: 6.5yrs/ AG1

Thomas Edison State College
Natural Sciences/ Mathematics
GPA: 3.6
OAR: 55

LORs: 1 METOC CAPT, 1 METOC LCDR, 1 Pilot LT
Interviews: 1 Wing CDRE, 1 METOC CAPT, 2 METOC LT's

Extra: LPO, CFL, Training PO, 2 NAMs, 2 Good Conduct, SSOQ 3rd Qtr 2010, Youth T-Ball/Soccer Coach, Command Basketball/Softball Teams

Submitted: Aug 2010
Pro Rec: 19 Nov 2010
FS: 20 Dec 2010
OCS Date: 24 April 2011

bluemarlin04

Because you haven't done MEPS already your OR should want you to get to MEPS as quick as possible. Preferably this should be done within 2 weeks because you only have 90 days to have everything submitted to get a FS and if any problems arise you have enough time to fix them or put things on hold (if able).
Disregard. Read it wrong.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
Still haven't heard back from my 2nd trip for the blood test, but I'm guessing that has to do with the holidays. I just hope I don't have to again do the test. It turns out they cancelled the blood test, so it never came up with anything either way.

That is the fun...waiting....