• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

ker986

FS IW
I'm hoping to find out my date soon. Waiting on final approval from the Navy on my medical records from MEPs and then I think I will be good to go. Although I'd love to start sooner rather than later I'm just happy to be going and don't really care whether it is in April, August, or sometime in between; but the wide range of possible dates is driving me (and my current boss) a little nuts.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
5 month spread is crazy but hopefully means more predictable dates for April selects.

I'm not graduating until May, which is why my OCS date is so far away. The rest of the selects from my recruiting station are leaving around March/April according to my processor.

jbombs

Well i got a call from my NRD today asking me to greenlight my paperwork over to the Army, and as I was calling them back my OR recruiter called and informed me that apparently the Navy changed its mind about my LASIK and they recieved my FS for an OCS date of May 15. This is awesome, and I am going to enlist at the NRD this afternoon!

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Well i got a call from my NRD today asking me to greenlight my paperwork over to the Army, and as I was calling them back my OR recruiter called and informed me that apparently the Navy changed its mind about my LASIK and they recieved my FS for an OCS date of May 15. This is awesome, and I am going to enlist at the NRD this afternoon!

Congrats! However, I have to ask this question. Are you saying the Navy is giving you a waiver for LASIK eye surgery? This then gave you a Navy OCS date of May 15th?

jbombs

As far as I know, there is not a waiver they just cleared me for duty instead of disqualifying me because of LASIK. I'm not sure of the particulars, only that my OR got my FS letter for pilot from the board. I swore in this afternoon and signed the paperwork.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
As far as I know, there is not a waiver they just cleared me for duty instead of disqualifying me because of LASIK. I'm not sure of the particulars, only that my OR got my FS letter for pilot from the board. I swore in this afternoon and signed the paperwork.

Hmmm...:confused:... Alright, well congrats again...

bwh06b

FS SNA
Heard from my recruiter today. He had been trying to find out what was holding up a FS for me and ended up getting word from TN today that they have received direction to hold off on sending more SNA's to OCS until August to try and clear out a little more of the backlog in the training pipeline. He also said they were behind on taking care of Final Select letters. With that being said, I'm hoping to get in a class this August. Maybe my FS will be ready in the next couple of weeks.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
Guess that means I won't be getting a date earlier than August. Thanks for the heads up, and good luck.