• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
Went through MEPS today. A very different experience I must say. They knew I was an officer candidate so it seemed they treated me a bit better than others. Got to bypass lines and get out of there quicker. The Duck Walk was an interesting experience to say the least.

The depth perception was a really weird test, I felt as if I was guessing but I did see some 'pop out' and got a Pass-(E) whatever that means...though I don't know if that matters for SWO or not....

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
got a Pass-(E) whatever that means...

There are 6 tests basically. A-F and this means you passed through E on the depth perception or in other words you failed "F." Not a big deal that you didn't pass F because you still passed the test.

ker986

FS IW
I'm hoping to get MEPs done soon. Got all the pre-screening paperwork into my recruiter yesterday so here's hoping they get me in sometime in the next few weeks. I would love to get as much as possible for my FS taken care of before the holidays.

MPK

If you don't feel like answering on here, let me know and I will PM you my email since you can't PM yet.

Let me know your email and I'll hit you up.

MPK

But, our scores don't matter now because we got in! Now it's time to go to MEPS and handle business at OCS.

Hell yeah. It sounds like a lot of people still need to get into MEPs. I have everything done, flight physical and all, so does that mean I'm more likely to begin OCS earlier? I've been told I might be in Newport by the end of January.

fattestfoot

In it for the naked volleyball
It's possible. You can't really count anything out. Quite a few September selectees have been getting March OCS dates, however. MEPS is a big step, but I think the security clearance is what generally hangs people up.

You also have to take into account fiscal years. You may have been selected for FY12, in which case the earliest you could start is June. There's also the possibility they give you a date very far out, only to change it to one earlier.

My processor was concerned about me getting to MEPS 2 weeks prior to the 17th. I'm not sure if it's just because he wanted it all finished before the holidays, or if there was a significance with that date (e.g. they'd be working on a batch of FS letters for that date). I'm hoping that the fact that I'm done with MEPS and have previously held a TS/SCI that I'll get a final select letter before the end of January. If not though, I'm still not done with school until May, so no biggie.

nativeofsandieg

I have heard of a lot of guys who were disqualified after they went to Pensacola, or OCS. Apparently the standards are set to another level once you are accepted and report.

Now my information is from guys who are 04, 05. So they may have done things differently when they were selected. But their main point is don't let down your guard just because you are ProRec'd. There is still a lot of work to be done. But it is still a huge step, and congrats!

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
There are 6 tests basically. A-F and this means you passed through E on the depth perception or in other words you failed "F." Not a big deal that you didn't pass F because you still passed the test.

Ok, cool. Thanks for the info! From all the stickers and codes they had on my name tag, I pretty much had no idea what half the stuff stood for. Except the "this applicant is qualified" check mark :), assuming I don't have HIV or test positive for drugs, which definitely should be negative and negative.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Got a call from the person in charge of my security clearance (background check); date set for next Thursday to finish up (interviewing maybe). Nothing bad in my background, but I didn't expect they would interview me in person; thought it would be phone interviews to all of my references on the security forms. Is this a normal step in the process? My forms were submitted a little over a month ago and I went in to sign something pertaining to them a few days ago.

sdgigles

I don't know if it was different because I went INTEL, but my OPM agent (person in charge of investigation) met with me in person, and then met with my father, as many roommates as she could track down (if they lived in different cities another agent met with them in person), and most of my employers. The phone was only used as a last result. It was a very relaxed conversation though, she had compiled all of the facts and had done a preliminary background check, and just needed me to fill in the blanks. Good luck

nynativeviamo

have any active duty navy people seen the official navy message that is supposed to be floating around somewhere on outlook with the names of the pro rec's on it? or does anyone have a copy of the list of the pro rec's for the november board?

ker986

FS IW
Found out I'm headed to MEPs next Wednesday! Even though it sounds like it will be a long day, I'm looking forward to getting it over with.