• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

zachw

All- I just spent two hours browsing the NYUSN blog. If you haven't looked at it for anything more than stats and board updates, then find some time to read it. There are some pretty great stories, pictures, and practical info. Makes the wait a little better! (especially if you're an SNA applicant, as many of the stories are about flying the Hoover)

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Yay Lucy! Keep it up, the results really start to show by the end of month one... Keep track of progress and have fun with it because it is a long journey :p

My two cents. SWIM. It tones.... it conditions .... it gives you a good cardio respiratory workout ... IT IS... THE SWIM!!

/2c

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Thanks tbc and ker! My husband is doing it with me too. Did/are you guys doing the meal plan too?

I didn't... I was feeling and seeing results but had to stop due to a pretty bad wrist injury. I mainly just watched what I ate but my sister told me of her friends (one guy and one girl) that followed the diet plan ended up with amazing results. So as soon as this wrist gets better and I restart the program I will probably do the diet plan as well...

Lucy

It is working fairly well for us so far, esp. if we stick to the every two/three hour thing. It is more expensive, but you are also eating a lot better food so ya know...
For anybody looking for a quick breakfast/after workout drink, try Alton Browns Buff Smoothie, it is fantastic! Even with the whey thrown in.

nynativeviamo

does anyone know what the ATBOARD LIST means on the NYUSN spreadsheet? Also does anyone know if that is only for fleet applicants or if it is for fleet applicants and civilians combined? And can you find that anywhere online? Where/who did that come from?

ker986

FS IW
My understanding is that the At Boards list is the list of applications that will be reviewed by the upcoming boards. While I don't know for sure I'm assuming that the number listed includes both fleet and civilian applicants. I was able to find out that I was on that list by contacting my recruiter, so I assume you could find out similar information by contacting the fleet applicant processor. I haven't seen the list posted anywhere online yet.

Lucy

ker986 is correct from what I know/have been told. It should include both types of applicants. And from what I understand there should not be a list posted online. NYUSN blog poster had done this at one point but got told to take it down, so you are not likely to find it online.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
And from what I understand there should not be a list posted online. NYUSN blog poster had done this at one point but got told to take it down, so you are not likely to find it online.

Actually I believe the thing he was told he can't post online is the board results with peoples names on it. He has another list similar to this for the previous FY so I don't think this is something that he would be required to take down otherwise the other one would have been pulled down as well.

Lucy

I meant the list with the names as what can't be posted. Sorry for the lack of clarification. So much easier to not miss things when not typing on my phone... :)

Champa

Not to repeat the same question, but if "ATBOARD LIST" really indicates the number of applicants for each particular question, then Pilot Applicants for the November board is only at 7 - that doesn't seem to make sense. Shouldn't it be closer to SWO number, in the hundreds?

nynativeviamo

has anyone been given from their recruiter a probable date for when the results may be released? i know with thanksgiving being right in the mix it may be delayed a little, am hoping that somehow they will come out before T day, anyone heard anything one way or the other from their recruiter/processor? Also does anyone have a good relationship with their recruiter as to the effect that he/she would tell you if the board had selected you even before the official results come out?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
. . . if the board had selected you even before the official results come out?

The recruiter really doesn't know until the official results come out. There are people in Millington, and higher up, that know. Sadly, our recruiters are at the bottom of the totem poll. Your best bet is to keep checking on here, and at usnavyocs.com for updates, as your peers will surely let you know when the results are released, at least when they find out. If your recruiter is anything like mine, she/he will be checking OTOOLS first thing every morning toward the end of the month to let you know.

SpaceApe29

I was just informed to check back after the Thankgiving holidays from my processor. Hopefully Big Daddy Ape has some good news for Christmas when I get to see my wife and kids for pre-deployment leave.

EAS - I'm in ALC (BNCOC ph 2) right now, bring back any painful memories?

eas7888

Looking forward to some P-8 action
pilot
Contributor
I was just informed to check back after the Thankgiving holidays from my processor. Hopefully Big Daddy Ape has some good news for Christmas when I get to see my wife and kids for pre-deployment leave.

EAS - I'm in ALC (BNCOC ph 2) right now, bring back any painful memories?

I'm one those guys who was able to get my E-6 without ALC/BNCOC. The joys of being deployed! I sincerely hope he has good news for you too! I know you've been working on this thing just as long as I have.