• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

alxclnga

Interview?

I read over at usnavyocs.com that officer interviews are required as of September. I was told be the recruiter that such is not the case and that my app is at the board. anyone else have any insight into this?

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
I read over at usnavyocs.com that officer interviews are required as of September. I was told be the recruiter that such is not the case and that my app is at the board. anyone else have any insight into this?

I was told the same thing; for our sake lets just hope the interviews some people have been doing are extra :D.

twobecrazy

RTB...
Contributor
Alright… I am going to step in and clarify something for you before you really start worrying about something you don’t need to worry about. Your OR is probably an officer. If not, he/she works in an office full of officers or has a way of getting in contact with one immediately. Whether or not an officer interview is required has now become a formality rather than an issue. All your OR has to do is type up the interview and have another officer sign off on it. Now you have an officer interview done by someone that has been working with you and is probably going to write good things about you as long as you don't suck!

Good Luck to you all!

lowster

I have seen some administrators posting on earlier threads posting who was selected throughout the day. This is my first time up for selection and was hoping that was still occuring. I really don't want to wait until after Thansgiving! Any remarks about an early word?

GoVols1998

The boards for SNA are about to conclude. My best advice is to ask your OR on this Friday, or Monday if they have heard anything. If not, you will probably have to wait until the middle of the week after Thanksgiving. I seriously doubt the Navy will be in any hurry to get the results out before Thanksgiving, but you might get lucky.

GoVols1998

SNA boards are almost always the 15th/16th of each month, give or take a day or two depending on weekends, # of applicants, etc. The different communities have different dates for when their boards meet (I don't know any of the others), but I have seen this date for SNA posted in A LOT of places. And my OR told me the 15th is when they typically have SNA boards. The boards, once they meet, generally only take a small number of days to conclude, with results beginning to come out in the last week of the month. However, with Thanksgiving in November, the release of the results will probably be around the first week of December, give or take a couple days. DISCLAIMER: you never really know with the military, but this has generally been what's happened ever since I started keeping up with it in May.