• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOTAM Definition Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Should be using “Filipinx” too friends. Clearly the future of humanity…fuck…huwomanity…fuck…huxity…nailed it…rests on our ability to care and properly utilize pronouns effectively.

Also on the list of shit I don’t care about: bringing back the S-3, anything said by Captain (Ret) Henry J. Douchebag Hendrix, China’s COVID policies, strippers that aren’t Russian, and SITCOMS not made by Canadians…

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
I've met people in my life who view those of us who have joined the military as "less thans". Regardless of the service member's race, religion, education, or upbringing they just view the servicemember as inferior. Afterward I often wonder how that happens. I think I have my answer: they went on the internet, stumbled into AW, and see threads like this.

And then they read posts like this.

So when are we going to change the word women? After all women has the word men in it.

But then thinking about it, there are plenty of women who like men in them….

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
Regarding the topic at hand, if anyone bothered to read the article shared by Randy Daytona it's not hard to see why changes in language might be in the best interest of all concerned.

A quote from English aviator: That story featured a debate between a (male) “leading English aviator” who argued that “women lack qualities which make for safety in aviation” and a (male) Viennese professor claiming women had better vision than men for flying because they use their “full retina” — a practice honed by “enforced modesty and flirting.

This kind of thinking lead to this kind of nonsense:

Still, the nation’s first female airline pilot, Helen Richey, hired in 1934, was drummed out of the business in less than a year. Her male colleagues threatened to strike rather than fly with her. Her pilots union refused to approve her membership. And the federal government forced the airline to ground her during bad weather and limit her flight time because of her gender. Not until 1973 was another woman, Emily Howell-Warner, hired to fly for a U.S. airline.

They're asking for gender neutral language. That's it. They're not asking for the language to be anti-male...or anti-anything...just neutral...not a big deal.

SlickAg

pilot

Sam I am

pilot
Contributor
The only pussies getting their feelings hurt on this thread are “men” and liked your post.

C'mon Treetop, you're literally making their point for them. And the fact you called "men" pussies is hella ironic. Allow me to explain...

People advocating for gender neutral language: "We (probably women) would like to have gender neutral language. We don't need our exact gender (probably female, but perhaps not...could be a male person too) referred to, we just think it's not the most correct language as there's now a whole bunch of pilots who aren't male. We're not asking the language to change to the point that it assumes all pilots are female, because that would be silly, not neutral, and some folks (probably males) might not like their gender assumed to be female. We (probably females) agree with them as we've been dealing with that since we (probably female) started aviating."

People who disagree with gender neutral language: "This is BS, completely unnecessary, doesn't need to AND perhaps shouldn't even happen because it's not a problem at all..."

People who aren't against it: "We disagree. The gender neutral folks raise a valid point. Language matters."

Treetop Flyer: "To the people who want gender neutral language: You're a bunch of pussies. To the people who are neither for or against gender neutral language: you're probably pussies."

Lastly, (and this is me reading the room and between the lines) the sad reality that it's only "men" on AW advocating for, or at least not campaigning against, gender neutral language is because any female AW member who would like to participate need only read posts such as yours (the one where you refer to people you disagree with as pussies) and they leave the conversation. Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.