• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOTAM Definition Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_stang65

pilot

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Whew. Good thing we fixed that, because that's what was wrong with NOTAMs.

Work to support pilots' mental health in a non-punitive fashion? Nah, fuck that. Let's make sure the wokescolds don't get their gender-neutral panties in a twist.
Will more women become interested in aviation because certain terms (including airmen) are being changed? Is there evidence of this happening in any other industry?

Let's all have a little understanding for the FAA bureaucrats. They, like us, take care of the alligator closest to the boat. And I suspect pilot mental health is less of a threat to FAA job security than wokeism.

?

SlickAg

pilot
i wonder if this change is more about manned/ unmanned, rather than a gender thing?
No. Gender based. Although, I’m not sure why you’d base it on something that’s just a social construct anyway.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
The real lesson here is to use real acronyms not dumb pseudo acronym amalgamations. Pay attention, Navy.

Python

pilot
Contributor
The time spent on outrage is hilarious.

Outrage is over the top. I wouldn’t say outrage. But it is pretty bothersome. I don’t think you should be kept up at night by this (we certainly aren’t), but you really aren’t the least bit bothered that this is where society is? If this were one incident, it could be laughed away. But to have the general of society at large to revamp the language, walk on eggshells with every word spoken to avoid offense, to try to satisfy every group of people, no matter how small, is pretty outrageous, and is worrisome when it distracts from other priorities. Before you go saying that women aren’t a small group, I assure you that anywhere between 0 and 1 women are offended by the term “airmen.”

Again, you shouldn’t be foaming at the mouth, but you should at least be empathetic to the idea that a hypersensitive society will rightfully lead to concern by others.

Importantly, I don’t think every example of rewording is bad; legitimate examples of actual offensive language should be addressed. But we’re not seeing that anymore. It’s gone way off the deep end, and we’re not weird to be bothered by how far it’s gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.