• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NOTAM Definition Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam I am

Average looking, not a farmer.
pilot
Contributor
You’re terrible at this.

Your assumption that women are too scared to voice an opinion because they got their feelings hurt by my post or HAL’s is the the most backward, sexist post on this thread. [personal attack, abusive language]

Now that you're calm, cool, and collected, Treetop, what you typed (and HAL's "jokes") are tired, flimsy excuses and calling cards of people who are sexist and misogynistic. And condemning the allyship of men who agree with women (and other like minded men) with taking steps towards gender neutrality/equality is weak and disappointing.

What else you got? More name calling? How about some more insults? Clever MEME's to help capture your thoughts since it's easier than articulating? C'mon, Sport...don't give up now, you're doing so well making their points for them.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Kinda like Indian vs. Native American. Some folks prefer either one or the other, so it's situationally dependent, and not a very good analogy for having gender neutral titles.
You are really off the mark with this. Native Americans prefer to be called by their nationality, for example Sioux, Navajo, Apache, Seminole, or what have you. Calling them Native American or Indian is like calling someone Asian until you discover they're Japanese. Furthermore, the law refers to them as Indian because white Europeans mistakenly identified them and it's been that way ever since. Many of them accept the term "Indian" because it's ingrained in society, but there are more Eastern Indians in the US than Native Americans and the term Indian is conflating.

That has nothing to do with white progressive native English-speaking Americans forcing gender neutral titles on Spanish-speaking Latino culture. Or does it? You know what, it does sound like a tinge of imperialism now that I write it out.

I would love to know how I can mansplain to a Latina that Latinx is just like Indian vs. Native American and that it's simply a preference. Latinx is a slur, you can't even pronounce it in Spanish. It's essentially saying that Spanish is wrong and English is needed to correct it. Can you not see the stupidity of trying to de-gender a romance language? I can't even order red fucking salsa without using a genderized word to describe what I'm saying. But apparently progressive Americans only want to de-gender Spanish because nobody's giving shit to the Italians or French -- maybe one day the US can stop seeing Latin America as a political playground. It's an attempt at linguistic imperialism by woke college ideologs, but fortunately for the Latino culture, they are much less sensitive than the average American and see it for what it really is: a fucking joke.

Nobody is saying women shouldn't be in Aviation or that we shouldn't make inroads to include them. But there's a lot of other important shit the FAA could be spending time on than wordplay.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
lots of words
You may have completely missed the point. If this kind of thing really pisses you off, like “linguistic imperialism“ levels of anger, then you’re definitely part of the problem.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
You may have completely missed the point. If this kind of thing really pisses you off, like “linguistic imperialism“ levels of anger, then you’re definitely part of the problem.
Trying to diminish me with simplifications or assumptions of my emotional state without actually considering viewpoints which run counter to your world view is pretty disappointing. Telling others in the forum that you've "given them a lot of credit here over the years for being a smart, reasonable person" is extremely condescending. If you're unable to engage in reasonable conversation to further your point or convince me otherwise, don't talk down to me because you feel the need to respond. That is part of the problem.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Trying to diminish me with simplifications or assumptions of my emotional state without actually considering viewpoints which run counter to your world view is pretty disappointing. Telling others in the forum that you've "given them a lot of credit here over the years for being a smart, reasonable person" is extremely condescending. If you're unable to engage in reasonable conversation to further your point or convince me otherwise, don't talk down to me because you feel the need to respond. That is part of the problem.
I read your post and drew some conclusions. Provide me with a more detailed or nuanced version of your position and I'll adjust fire. It's somewhat amusing that you seem quite upset that I condescend or talk down to you... like you're somehow lesser than me... like your opinions don't matter.

Don't look now, but you're actually on the brink of grasping the entire point of this thread. So close! It's fucking comical.

PhrogLoop

Adulting is hard
pilot
…stop being a pussy…
@Treetop Flyer why do you keep putting people down by referring to them as female genitalia? I can tell you why I used to do that when I spoke that way. It’s cause when I was young and insecure, I equated femininity with weakness and masculinity with strength. I’m better than that now. I used to be part of the problem and I’ve done some work on myself to be part of the solution. What’s your excuse?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
@Treetop Flyer why do you keep putting people down by referring to them as female genitalia? I can tell you why I used to do that when I spoke that way. It’s cause when I was young and insecure, I equated femininity with weakness and masculinity with strength. I’m better than that now. I used to be part of the problem and I’ve done some work on myself to be part of the solution. What’s your excuse?
What was “the problem” in your mind?

The problem on this thread is a few overly sensitive males white knighting for females they think might be too weak to overcome words. I don’t think they need the help. Neat story though.

Status
Not open for further replies.