• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

danthaman

The right to keep and bear arms
Relax guys...Bobo and the bridge are still standing. The old barracks next to Bobo is what was torn down. Unless they have some super secret chow hall hidden away back there, the candidates are going to be crossing that bridge everyday.

oh and btw slammer yes, the bridge sucks that bad. good luck.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
It didn't suck that bad as much as it was a monument to stupidity. When there was lightning in the area they made us just walk across the tracks (evidently out of fear that being on the bridge would get us struck by lightning). I couldn't help but think we should just do that all the time. It's not like there's a lot of trains coming or that you can't see them a mile away.

wutzu

Checked out that bridge on google earth. Assuming three squares a day at bobo, it adds a mile to your daily march.

Is that sign that says "Bridge for candidates only" still standing on the Bobo side? I always chuckled when I saw it.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
wutzu said:
Checked out that bridge on google earth. Assuming three squares a day at bobo, it adds a mile to your daily march.

Is that sign that says "Bridge for candidates only" still standing on the Bobo side? I always chuckled when I saw it.

Was there some sort of rash of non-candidates around there getting their kicks by walking back and forth across the bridge at some point that nessecitated that sign? Who else would even be back there anyway? It's pretty much in BFE.

SMILE4BULLETS

i dont know but you'd have to be a sick mothertrucker to wanna walk back and forth across that thing. i can still hear, "tighten it up right now!!!" anyways, i didnt say that they bridge was torn down, there were just mounds of dirt out in front of Bobo Hall the week before OCS kicked off. i would like the meet the *******s who built that thing and kick them in the teeth!

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Harrier Dude said:
Was there some sort of rash of non-candidates around there getting their kicks by walking back and forth across the bridge at some point that nessecitated that sign? Who else would even be back there anyway? It's pretty much in BFE.

Probably just to avoid trampling some poor folk who happens to be on the bridge when 300 candidates screaming pack! pack! board the bridge.

tegtag

I remember walking across in civilian attire on libo at the slowest pace possible to catch a cab on the other side.

That was a weird feeling.

PLCOSU

I mean that bridge has something to do with the repetitive crossings (and the safety of candidates) but they could have never created something so retardedly uncomfortable and ridiculous as a training/hazing tool, if they wanted to. Not in 20 years of planning. That bridge is fricken hilariously stupid and it works great for that purpose (plain hazing). Gotta love it.

Philly

Here's a good one: double-timing across the bridge,(somehow move at 16 mph without running) in the pouring rain when a train is blowing its horn underneath you. I think the train conductor purposely blows his whistle when he sees candidates.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
I thought about blowing the bridge up once... you'd have to be incredibly crazy, or just a boot to go back for pictures of the damn thing. I do love that wonderful tar smell while crossing it though... refreshing!

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Bridge is still there, so is bobo. Just there a few days ago.

The old hanger on the left (as you face the river) side of the bridge (on the OCS side) just started getting torn down. The barracks across from Bobo is gone, just mound of dirt. New classrooms (Yeckle Hall) are up, they are nice. A big auditorium that can pretty much seat 3 companies. The classroom can divide into 3 classrooms (company sized). Each section has a projector and podium. The seats have those little fold aways desks. 1 head in each sections. Very nice.

There is a new H&S building next to the classroom.

invertedflyer

500 ft. from said obstacle
Thanks for the gouge man... I was wondering if we'd be using those new classrooms this year. Last year we had a briefing in one of the auditoriums... the A/C kept us nice and cool.... it'll beat the hell out of those retired cider mill tin cans they had us in before.

Lawman

None
Ive been crossing that bridge for the last 4 god forsaken weeks....I hate that *******. Whats funny though is all our Sgt Instructors have informed the platoon how much they hate the damn train because it ruins the fishing. And Im gonna smack the damn guide that keeps rounding off the corners instead of staying tight to the right because he keeps buddy Fvcking everybody behind him.