• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

MasterHaynes86

the thing that tripped me was in the middle of the bridge. I was 3rd sqd so I was always on the right side of the bridge going to the chow hall. Well the one day for whatever reason i filled in or something and was on the left side of the column, putting me right in the middle of the bridge. About halfway through theres this piece of metal at one of the seams that sticks way the hell up. Got me every time

i was 2nd squad and we always had to split up... 3rd squad i believe stayed on the rt and 1st on the left... so, that slab got me time and time again, but i never fell due to it...

i think we should all congratulate the OCC 193 candidates... If they haven't experienced the bridge yet, i expect to see them posting about their hatred for this bridge sometime in december :) Though, it really isn't that bad and it can help you get through the day... lunch and supper chow u cross the bridge unless you are boxed nasty or mre. Breakfast is normally hot chow after some nice PT... so, evertime u cross TWICE u are closer to libo... that makes 10-11 times a week on average...

Ok, another experience I had at OCS was, while on Libo, i was at that bar place down in Q-town (name slips the mind) and i was having some chow with some other K-3ers when a couple 2nd Lts came in and bought a round of drinks for any candidate in the place old enough to drink... And they bought whatever drink candidates underaged wanted... did anyone else get this treatment... it meant alot to me to hear those 2nd Lts encourage us to keep on... Plus, they offered alot of good OCS and TBS stories :) Since I was only 19 at the time I had a coke... But I'm just curious, did anyone else get such treatment/encouragement/awesome treatment from any Lts there...

Lawman

None
Ok, another experience I had at OCS was, while on Libo, i was at that bar place down in Q-town (name slips the mind) and i was having some chow with some other K-3ers when a couple 2nd Lts came in and bought a round of drinks for any candidate in the place old enough to drink... And they bought whatever drink candidates underaged wanted... did anyone else get this treatment... it meant alot to me to hear those 2nd Lts encourage us to keep on... Plus, they offered alot of good OCS and TBS stories :) Since I was only 19 at the time I had a coke... But I'm just curious, did anyone else get such treatment/encouragement/awesome treatment from any Lts there...

I believe your bar was "The Command Post" cause I think theres only one other place in town that qualifies as a bar and they dont serve food to my recollection.

First night we were released on Libo myself and four other candidates from my platoon hit up the Sushi (by name only) place right as you come into Q-town from the main road. Walked in acting just Nasty enough to freeze when we saw a pair of full birds sitting at a table that had noticed our entering the establishment. Quickly found our seats and tightened it up a bit more then actually neccesary (I felt bad just slouching). They didnt pay any attention or anything to us but when they finished their meal the one Col. just stood up in a room completely full of candidates and just says "Oorah Marines!" To which the whole room boomed back "Oorah Sir!" And they left. Getting called a Marine when just two hours ago Id been a "Damn Nasty Thing" was really motivating.

Ive also noticed that TBS Lt's will give candidates walking in between Q-town and Brown a ride no questions asked. Just pull over and yell "Hey Candidate, hop in." Good stuff.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
Actually.."Sams" had a bar and served food. Personally, I thought there food was way better than the Command Post

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
I enjoyed the CP quite a bit. I closed the bar out my last libo and found two jr candidates to drive my rackmate's car back to squadbay. Probably one of my best memories of OCS.

Lawman

None
Another great memory of Libo, was due to the fact that my car while in Quantico was my Uncles second car. He's and O-4. So the guys always got a kick out of coming back on base and getting saluted by the gate guard. Though we about pissed ourselves when we were driving back onto Brown field and one of the 2nd increment companys was going through the intersection. One of the Sgt Instructors saluted and then you saw him realize "Thats not an officer thats a bunch of nasty candidates." Oh thank god that wasnt one of our company or worse platoon Sgt Instructors.

MasterHaynes86

Another great memory of Libo, was due to the fact that my car while in Quantico was my Uncles second car. He's and O-4. So the guys always got a kick out of coming back on base and getting saluted by the gate guard. Though we about pissed ourselves when we were driving back onto Brown field and one of the 2nd increment companys was going through the intersection. One of the Sgt Instructors saluted and then you saw him realize "Thats not an officer thats a bunch of nasty candidates." Oh thank god that wasnt one of our company or worse platoon Sgt Instructors.

LOL... how did it feel to get a nice salute from the SIs? haha... Hopefully you kept driving and didn't piss laughin in the car