• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

HueyCobra8151

pilot
Just got back, bridge is still there.

Maybe it's just because I'm tall enough to be only a few ranks back from the front, but I didn't think it was that bad. It was a good time to make some wise cracks to all the depressing PLC kids in my platoon that never smiled.

Have to admit though, preferred hot chow, box chow, and MRE's to whatever the heck was coming out of Bobo.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I thought the chow hall was better food...just liked the boxed nasties better because we didnt have to cross the damn bridge. Then there was the one day towards the end...we crossed the bridge, went outside the gym and had boxed nasties...that sucked

Lawman

None
Boxed chow was like a punishment. The damn things could not possibly have met the daily food ration we were supposed to be eating in that training enviroment. And half the time our company got box chow there wasnt any damn fruit in it which was probably the best part of chow for you.

Hot Chow was great, especially when we had duty platoon because our Sgt Instructors were really big on allowing people to go through for seconds if there was time (and you made the time by week 3). Only thing I liked better about having chow at Bobo was a wider selection as far as vege's and fruit went, but again Im kinda nuts about nutrition being Im dating somebody that majors in it. Girl has me turned on to grapes and apples in a whole new way.

MasterHaynes86

The people that served my PLC class in Bobo were the same people that served my college campus freshman year... Either the govt pays more or is just scarier because Bobo was like fine cuisine in comparison to my college... I no longer go there, but I will never forget the horror! I think Sodexo was the company doing the serving.

Hot chow was my favorite because you got to eat, throw your trash away, and get back into the barracks to learn a new way of torture (holding your rifle with the pinky and thumb) and other fun games. K-3 rocked though :)

I dont think the bridge will ever go anywhere. Personally, it looks like it would cost too much to remove it PLUS you would have to stop all train traffic while disassembling it. If anything the govt throws a plaque on it with the picture of some UBER hardcore officer that was trained at that location.

I dont know what my food intake/caloric intake at OCS was, but I know I lost 15 lbs being there and then when I got home alot of the water weight fell off... I was lean, mean, and in the Semper Fi "do or die" mindset... Soon after returning home I packed on 20+ lbs of pure freakin muscle (and i dind't pt for about a month after returning home)

I can't wait to get my hands on boxed nasties again!

Oh, did anyone else get tired of the Spunkmeyer (sp) Muffins? I used to love them, but OCS effectively killed that passion of mine... I can't eat them anymore!

Anyone ever noticed that lose slab of cement that always bounced and made noises? I would always go out of my way to step on it, that was like my favorite part about going across the bridge..in a wierd sort of way...

Slammer2

Contributor
Oh, did anyone else get tired of the Spunkmeyer (sp) Muffins? I used to love them, but OCS effectively killed that passion of mine... I can't eat them anymore!

Best part of the hot chow...towards the end I wasnt able to eat them anymore

Slammer2

Contributor
Anyone ever noticed that lose slab of cement that always bounced and made noises? I would always go out of my way to step on it, that was like my favorite part about going across the bridge..in a wierd sort of way...

west side, 3rd section up, 3rd slab. I too found the joy in stepping on that. Really dont know why.

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
yup...just got back and the bridge still stands. Its funny how humerous the simple things are..I too enjoyed that loose slab of cement.

Boxed nasty were ok in moderation, but eating them for almost every meal a day like we did during processing had to have long term consequences.

and yes...K-3 does rock!

theblakeness

Charlie dont surf!
pilot
they were given to squad leaders in order to keep in contact with the higher up....buuuuut that didnt stop them from using them for whatever the hell they wanted

MasterHaynes86

i dont know what leisure Kilo got around u, but i assure u Kilo Company 3rd platoon 1st increment 2005 got NO leisure... Hell, we barely got them for Libo... several times we got to go to libo several hours late too because SSGT Risen wanted to play f-f games with us... Tho, lookin back i laugh...

The muffins were the best part of hot chow... but toward the end they got a little old.

I'm pretty sure Box Chow, in large quantities, either cause or cure cancer... testing is still being done

and that slab... yea i liked that slab... cept for when it tripped me one day, that was embarassing... but my rifle didn't touch the deck!!! I learned my lesson when i had to push on the parade deck on a VERY hot day... Other candidates got to use the grass, but i guess my rifle really pissed someone off cuz i got to push on the 1.4 million degree black asphault :)

summer '07 here i come!!!

Slammer2

Contributor
and that slab... yea i liked that slab... cept for when it tripped me one day, that was embarassing...

the thing that tripped me was in the middle of the bridge. I was 3rd sqd so I was always on the right side of the bridge going to the chow hall. Well the one day for whatever reason i filled in or something and was on the left side of the column, putting me right in the middle of the bridge. About halfway through theres this piece of metal at one of the seams that sticks way the hell up. Got me every time