• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

NapalmRat

I heard some dirty scuttlebutt we don't cross the bridge every day for chow anymore. That they built a new chow hall on the other side of the train tracks. Any truth to this?

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Unless they built it VERY recently, no...and I seriously doubt it since there would be no reason to...

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Bobo...and the bridge...aren't going anywhere. Sorry.

I believe, pre-Bobo, the chow hall used to be the building where candidate admin is now located. Can anyone confirm?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
I heard at marineocs.com that the H&S barracks were torn down and a new one constructed (i believe part of the new construction was also BEQ's), and the same poster said something about Bobo being possibly demolished. Never heard more about it, though.

SMILE4BULLETS

i was up there 2 weeks ago knocking around and it looked like Bobo was shut down and things were all dug up around it. Im going to be so pissed if they dont make those dirty candidates walk across that bridge. that was part of the whole OCS experience. maybe they can build a replica and incorporate it into the O-Course!?!?!?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
SMILE4BULLETS said:
i was up there 2 weeks ago knocking around and it looked like Bobo was shut down and things were all dug up around it. Im going to be so pissed if they dont make those dirty candidates walk across that bridge. that was part of the whole OCS experience. maybe they can build a replica and incorporate it into the O-Course!?!?!?

What? No.

Maybe they plan on using the candidates as part of the new construction crew.

Or maybe we'll be on 6 weeks of MRE's to further "enrich" the process.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
did this bridge really suck that bad? I read some stuff about it on here a while back. Well I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Raptor2216

I think i'm gonna have to make the drive out there to see if they tore down bobo. I know the last OCC class used bobo, but i don't know what they have done since then.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
Slammer2 said:
did this bridge really suck that bad? I read some stuff about it on here a while back. Well I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Its not the bridge itself that sucks, its the 698 some odd times you go across it ... its just a big mind fvck and a big ol monument to OCS ... and yes, you will find out soon

corpsocgmu

Marine Officer
pilot
As far as I know, these rumors are just rumors. I was in Quantico yesterday and decided to head over to OCS for a look. The bridge and Bobo Hall are still alive and kicking. Sorry folks.