• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No more chow bridge?

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Bad luck for me. It looks like the "minor pain" in my foot may be something big. They got me in a stabalizer boot and on light duty and Im running out of training days to burn. Im supposed to go in for a bone scan next week but medical is dragging there ass and they dont really care that Im gonna be medically dropped if they dont hurry up.....

Talked to my platoon commander though and so there is a silver lining here. He's already decided to recommend that not only should I be re-admitted but that I come back as a senior for Echo company due to the training Ive completed. So we'll see whats gonna happen. I'll keep everybody posted. Hopefully there isnt a responce from me till next Saturday meaning I survived week 7.

Lawman was NPQ'd and is probably at Bethesda right now, or still waiting to go. I was with him in the squad bay for the broken people for around 4 hours yesterday.

F-bomb I was Kilo 3 2nd inc 06... were your sergeant instructors "you crazy third" and "you must be smokin crack?"

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
apparently the docs in that department are mostly bitter because they dont want to be here. The HM1's and HM2's though are amazing. You can tell they really want to help you and get you back into the fight.

It was ridiculous how many people went to medical. There were around 9-10 heat cases a day when I was in there, and it's only supposed to get hotter.

Honestly, it seems like there were alot of people in there who were there to miss PT or to have half a day off. One day the juniors didn't have PT and the place wasn't nearly as full as before. Alot of phantom injuries down there. My buddy tore his ACL and he said alot of the light duties were b*tches.

And the sergeant instructors know this too, so it's not like being on light duty will spare you from ridicule.

I would imagine alot of them will DOR after 3 or 4 weeks.

FrijoleEcho

So anybody know the heat diff. between 05' and 06'. I was Echo 3 second inc. in 05' and it was supposedly one of the hottest years on record. But sitting in Southern California this year in this blazing heat has me wondering if it's been even worse over there. By the way I've got TBS late November...anybody else going to freeze at the same time??

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
So anybody know the heat diff. between 05' and 06'. I was Echo 3 second inc. in 05' and it was supposedly one of the hottest years on record. But sitting in Southern California this year in this blazing heat has me wondering if it's been even worse over there. By the way I've got TBS late November...anybody else going to freeze at the same time??

This was my only summer there.. but it was bad.

You just had to stand still outside for 5 minutes and your shirt would be drenched in sweat.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
If you're broken...go to medical. Not everyone in medical is a malingerer. They can help. But remember, there's a difference between hurt and injured.

FrijoleEcho, I'll be at Alpha too.

Thunderboom

Cat Herder at MATSG21
Returning to the bridge...While at TBS doing our call for fire exercise, a guy in my platoon from OCS, called in to register the bridge as a target. After he read off the grid for the target, the other end of the hook says, "That is not in our area of operations, what exactly are you aiming at." His reply was, "Just plot it". Hook comes back,"This is Capt. XYZ...you want us to shoot the rail road tracks?!......Oh, wait, it's the bridge isn't it?" "Yes sir". Hook comes back with a chuckle in his voice: "Roger, carry on."

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
If you're broken...go to medical. Not everyone in medical is a malingerer. They can help. But remember, there's a difference between hurt and injured.

FrijoleEcho, I'll be at Alpha too.

I didn't mean to imply that everyone is, but alot of people don't know the difference between soreness and pain, or being hurt and injured.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot
Returning to the bridge...While at TBS doing our call for fire exercise, a guy in my platoon from OCS, called in to register the bridge as a target. After he read off the grid for the target, the other end of the hook says, "That is not in our area of operations, what exactly are you aiming at." His reply was, "Just plot it". Hook comes back,"This is Capt. XYZ...you want us to shoot the rail road tracks?!......Oh, wait, it's the bridge isn't it?" "Yes sir". Hook comes back with a chuckle in his voice: "Roger, carry on."

Oh how I wish they would've blown that thing up.

FrijoleEcho

I wished that damn bridge woulda been destroyed so many times during my two 6 week periods there...but for future candidates its kinda like a right of passage, almost like having classes in the old aircraft hangars or whatever they were...I can't imagine what it would have been like to go into class and learn in a nice a/c controlled environment...or better yet to use the head without two or three other sausages taking aim on the same uninal (porta potties no doubt) only to step out into mud and rain. Ya its trivial in the scheme of things but one of those things obviously I remember and many of you do as well. I look back and remember that most everything sucked in some way aside from PFT day cause you were really on your own then...I don't know if I would feel the same cohesion if I looked back and saw how comfy I was in these new rooms, or worse yet if that damn bridge was gone and Bobo moved to the other side of the tracks. My best guess is that the Marine Corps would find another way to make something suck and that always brings a smile to my face.

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
For the new classrooms, yes they are AC'ed, but that can be good and bad. First off, when you start gettin 300 candidates in there for over 30-40 minutes, the AC will do nothing. It will get to the point where it's just as hot if not more in there than it is outside. Also, when it's just one company in there and the AC is working fine, they usually keep it really friggin cold. It's relieving when you first walk in, but after 30 minutes, you're starting to feel it and can't wait to get back outside in the sun. Least that's the way it was for me. I'm not complaining at all, just commenting. Aside from all the "technical difficulties" that most classes had with the powerpoint/projector/screen, the classrooms are nice, there's plenty of heads, and the seats are better than a campstool. However, there are definitely still "communal head calls" with doubling up on the urinals all over the place. It's a little more intimate with the stupid privacy boards in between the urinals, so there's bumpin pee-pees to be had for all.

Oh how I hate that bridge.

pdx

HSM Pilot
However, there are definitely still "communal head calls" with doubling up on the urinals all over the place. It's a little more intimate with the stupid privacy boards in between the urinals, so there's bumpin pee-pees to be had for all.

That is awesome! I can see the conversation it my head:

Capt: "Sir, some candidate is bi**ching about no privacy in the heads. And he said the magic word - lawsuit!"

Colonel: "Hmm.... How can we seem like we are PC and still make people hate this guy? We could install privacy screens! Then they will have to rub a$$es to use the urinals in time. Bwa ha ha."

michaels601

Simba Barracuda.
first time hitting the message board since i graduated seniors a few weeks ago (on vacation, hell yeah), and the first thing i see is about the bridge. ugh.

from this year to last year, not too much different aside from the classrooms (which suck in their own special way, different from the classrooms last year).

and for anyone who can use this information: the temperature difference between first increment and second increment is tremendous. i think this summer i saw a red flag ONCE maybe twice. glad i'm not there now. for you guys sweating through now, all the best!

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
first time hitting the message board since i graduated seniors a few weeks ago (on vacation, hell yeah), and the first thing i see is about the bridge. ugh.

from this year to last year, not too much different aside from the classrooms (which suck in their own special way, different from the classrooms last year).

and for anyone who can use this information: the temperature difference between first increment and second increment is tremendous. i think this summer i saw a red flag ONCE maybe twice. glad i'm not there now. for you guys sweating through now, all the best!

early summer is typically wet and mild, late summer is almost always dry and hot.

FLYMARINES

Doing Flips and Shit.
pilot

I am definitely going to try and get first increment next summer when I go back, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count the times we had black flags last summer.

MasterHaynes86

This is my first post ever on this forum that my buddy found (that is contemplating going to OCS)

Maybe I am completely alone on this, but I enjoyed OCS, the atmosphere, and even the bridge to some extent, though I do remember a returning PLC SR talking bad about it. I can't remember his name, but he DOR for some stupid reason...

Personally I saw the bridge as extra instruction, a way to learn to bond with fellow candidates, an excellent knowledge session, and a test of intestinal fortitude (when it was wet). Every time I crossed it, it meant that I was closer to chow (esp after SULE 1 and other long days that involved MR. E cuisine) and one crossing closer to leaving. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED OCS and asked my OSO if i could return just for the hell of it this summer... he said no :(

I cannot wait until next year... 1st Increment SRs BABY!!!

I dunno, maybe I'm just a positive person. I didn't hate ANY of OCS... I loved every moment, including be last on the Quigly (what was one water and dirt had turned into pudding).

PS: Hopefully the bridge is still there :) and hopefully Bobo is still in business!