• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No BDCP until FY2013

WEGL12

VT-28
I was referring to flyboys post above. I thought it was on the other forum so I didn't mean to quote the same thread, but yes that seems to be what he said. Said pro-recs won't be pulled so that is good, although if it was an option at any stage suggests this cut is substantial.
I am sorry, the lucky was referring to people getting BDCP before it went away.

Lucy

Well you should know if you are in that "lucky" group with in the next few days. Any word on when the July results will be released?

Lucy

IW was released today so soon I hope. My OR thinks by Friday but who knows. Sucks considering how much better my application would be now, or rather now that I have the updated transcripts *sigh*, but thats the way it goes.

Immy

Immy- Are you still a member of NROTC? I know this is another program going through major cutbacks (college program scholarships).

No, I was told basically that there were one or two scholarships and they were going to go to the Tier 1 applicants before they would go to a Poly Sci major (Tier 3) such as myself. So, I decided to leave and take my chances with BDCP/OCS.

I'm still in the process of switching schools and won't even be back at a university until fall of next year, and I would still have to have PRK before applying for SNA, so I'm in no hurry at the moment. I'm only a sophomore (going to be at least). Worse comes to worst I'll apply DA OCS until the Navy graces me with a shot at the big leagues.

Phoenix2019

Anyone else hear this? I'm putting in for the Sept. Boards and my OR just last week told me there were plenty of spots.
Granted she could be wrong...but still...

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
People who have already been Professionally Recommended should still be good for BDCP. My recruiter was a little worried because he got an email saying they were looking at pulling some of the people who haven't final selected yet. I just got my FS letter on the 27th of July so I don't think they are pulling anyone who has already been Pro-Rec'd. Words of wisdom to the people who are applying in the future....just put down that you want BDCP and if there isn't any slots left, they will consider you for DA. That was the advice given to me when I applied in April. If they don't select you for BDCP, but want you to be DA...then they will change it. Don't NOT apply for BDCP if you are eligible regardless if they are cutting back. You never know unless you try.

flyboy

Information Warfare Ensign
For BDCP I am not sure if the FY is the year you go to OCS or the year you are selected. I believe my recruited mentioned it is the year you go to OCS. But I could be wrong. I talked to my recruiter today and he mentioned that BDCP was cutting back for a while. However, he said the quotas will be reviewed at the beginning of the FY. So perhaps the quotas will change in a few months.

Immy- Are you still a member of NROTC? I know this is another program going through major cutbacks (college program scholarships).

The quota for the Navy goes to the FY that you attend OCS. So when I leave next summer July 2011...I will be under the FY11 budget. People who are in their second year of college applying for BDCP shouldn't worry because they would attend OCS FY2013. Like I said before...apply and wait to see. If they don't pick you up for BDCP, then you might still be eligible for a DA OCS slot.

nzachman

Yeah, well. The Dude abides.
There are only a few spots in BDCP left for this upcoming year which should be filled in the next board. Lucy is right in the fact that the spots are going to dwindle to no more than 100 for the upcoming years if not lower. Bottom line, don't plan on BDCP for a while unless you are a literal rockstar....

leigh321

Wow, this is crazy to hear. I got ProRec'ed for BDCP Supply during the June boards; I'm still waiting for my final select. My recruiter literally hasn't said a word to me about this... I really hope I still get my final select! Any other news? Thank god I applied in the nick of time... (or maybe not?)

BDCP-UWP

I spoke with my OR this morning and he said that this is still rumor, nothing is officially official as of yet in regards to both end of BDCP for until FY2013 as well as only 13 BDCP pro-recs awarded for all of July boards

Lucy

Maybe so. Mine said it was direct form NRC. He is a senior chief in admin so maybe he got the notice early. Trust me, I would much prefer this to not be the case! But planning as though it is.

BDCP-UWP

Maybe so. Mine said it was direct form NRC. He is a senior chief in admin so maybe he got the notice early. Trust me, I would much prefer this to not be the case! But planning as though it is.

I hear you LUCY. This is all a tough pill to swallow. It all adds another little dark spot in the whole scenario. Not only was I competing against other qualified CEC candidates, but now I'm also competing against ALL BDCP candidates. I just hope I hear CEC info sooner than the two weeks I was told on Friday.

michaelcarter

so question now, I am graduating in within 12 months (may 2011) and i am applying to the October board for BDCP? If BDCP isn't accepting, will my app go to the regular pool of applicants?

Lucy

Yep. If I am a non-select I will be in the Oct/Nov (whenever they are) boards and my grad date is Dec 11. Even when BDCP is going, if you are under 12 months sometime you will get rec'd for DA instead of BDCP.

BDCP-UWP- By your typing but it seems I might have annoyed you somehow. Wasn't my intention. And from what I understand, each desginator gets so many slots for BDCP, based on total number for the year. So the 13 spots means that CEC might have had less spots available than normal, but you are only directly against those in the CEC applicant pool. I didn't see any BDCP in the swo/ip or the IW, and supply results are out and haven't seen anythere yet either. But that doesn't equate to too much since so many people are not aware of the wonderful resources available here and at usnavyocs.com

And tell me about dark spots. My husband is laid off as of the 27th of this month so BDCP was gonna be a life saver, but we shall see...

Best of luck to everyone!!!

BDCP-UWP

Lucy...Sorry for any implied annoyance. None from my end. I didn't realize I typed your name in all caps until after I submitted the reply. I never meant any hostility and I only wish you the best with your Navy applications. :)

asomm1

This is terrible. Just verified this with my recruiter and he emailed me this:

"Yes, when you started the process (May) we had 300 slots to fill, then they pared that down to 100. Last update that I saw was that 87 of those 100 had been filled. That was about 3 weeks ago."