• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No BDCP until FY2013

GreenLantern330

Quick threadjack: Okay, so I know the whole concept of FY has been discussed before, but I'm still slightly confused. If I were to apply for OCS in September 2010 is that part of FY 2010 or FY 2011?

m26

Contributor
That would be FY11. I think the FY starts in October-ish, so you would commission well past that, thus in FY11.

m26

Contributor
That's how I've heard it. EG, if you're a junior (this year) doing BDCP, you'd be applying for FY12.

m26

Contributor
That info is at least third-hand, to be fair, but I'm fairly confident in it.

GrandFromage

So while I have been waiting with much patience for the July board results to come out, I also put in for the BDCP Field Select which I found out about on this site.(there is almost nothing about it anywhere else online). I was scheduled to ship to boot camp in september, and so I couldnt wait to submit again that month. I was Selected yesterday my my NRD CO...same thing as Pro Rec. Since I heard about it here, I wanted to pass it on to you guys that there is another option...a very very difficult option. If you or your recruiter did not know about it, maybe it is something to look into.

m26

Contributor
$#&%!!! Asking for a field select... Why didn't I think about that? Add that one to the 'opportunities lost' column. :)

Lucy

ya, m26! Lol. It is only for SNA,NFO, and SWO so doesn't help me out, but people should check into it. Although I think it is only 1 person per district (maybe even region) a year per desginator or something like that, can't find the link though.

Logtwo

Only info I can find about it is the application, which really isn't too helpful in my case. Can't wait until I get back to school in a few days so I can have a sit down with the OR and see where I stand.

buckeye_nick

Here's what I asked my OR and his response:
-------------------------
Chief XXXXXX,

I heard a rumor that the Navy is not accepting any more BDCP applications until FY 2013. Is this true?
Please advise.
-----------------------------

No that is not true. We are not doing BDCP field selects. That means the CO can't put an applicant in a program. We use to be able to do 3-4 a year. No more.

lsp

My package got sent off last week for the September boards, I'm applying for SWO BDCP, my recruiter told me that there are a lot of rumors floating around out there but there all still spots available and not to worry. I guess in about 6 weeks we will know for sure.

bjgmsc81501

So how would this affect a freshman starting college Fall 2010. I am a physics major, and am interested most in a BDCP SNA or SNFO slot, but SWO will work for me. I want to be in that 36 month window. I plan on graduating in the spring of 2014. Can someone fill me in, I am fairly new to this whole process.

GreenLantern330

So how would this affect a freshman starting college Fall 2010. I am a physics major, and am interested most in a BDCP SNA or SNFO slot, but SWO will work for me. I want to be in that 36 month window. I plan on graduating in the spring of 2014. Can someone fill me in, I am fairly new to this whole process.

As far as I've been taught how the whole fiscal year stuff works, let's just say you go to OCS immediately after graduation, you'd be in FY2014. So, this might not affect you. It's hard to tell that far ahead though, because it really depends on the needs of the Navy and how the budgets are all looking closer to when you apply. I could be wrong though.