• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No BDCP until FY2013

BDCP-UWP

the rumor of 300 spots down to 100 which are supposedly all full is deemed 100% true. It was earlier by some and I got official word from my recruiter today that it is a fact!

Lucy

Careful there uwp, and not that I am offended, but you just said your recruiters word, and thus your own, is valued higher than that of another... My notice was official also. Like I said, I am not offeneded, but be careful to not make a habit of making statements that could be deemed dismissive of others.

BDCP-UWP

Careful there uwp, and not that I am offended, but you just said your recruiters word, and thus your own, is valued higher than that of another... My notice was official also. Like I said, I am not offeneded, but be careful to not make a habit of making statements that could be deemed dismissive of others.

I more so was reaffirming what you said as well as pointing a finger at myself for not trusting your word (mainly because I didn't want to as a BDCP candidate). Sorry if I cam across as my post being the end all be all to official answer. You are a great contributer to all things here Lucy! I will try to make sure my wording is more universal and affirming of previous factual results if I do run into this again.

Lucy

No worries. :)

Anyone had any luck with the July boards? I saw a couple supply posts but that was it.

Dan1550

I found out that I was picked up for CEC back in July. I still have not received my Final Select letter. Does anyone know when the FS letters are usually sent out? I was very excited to find out that I was selected but I am getting very nervous since I have not heard back yet. I keep asking the recruiter but he keeps saying he has no idea. Could they be waiting on this fiscal year to end? Any information will be greatly appreciated.

BDCP-UWP

Lucy, I'm still waiting on July results for CEC. Supposedly all that is needed is an Admirals signature... this waiting sucks!

Lucy

Dan- Was it for BDCP? Since it is a July board thing might be best to ask that question there, since it doesn't really relate to BDCP status. If it was BDCP then congrats! And FS takes awhile for some and not for others.

uwp-Hmm... If dan has results your OR should have yours too.

BDCP-UWP

Lucy...Dan was probably for the June board. Whereas mine were a BDCP app for the July Board. The June boards(released in mid-July) were also delayed due to waiting for an admirals signature.

Dan1550

Thank you .Yes it was for BDCP and my packet was reviewed in June. I guess I will just have to keep calling the recruiters office. I'm not sure what else I can do.

Shishka

So, as a college sophomore this doesn't affect me? As I understand it, I would attend OCS in FY2013, but does that mean I could apply for BDCP now and have a shot?

mrkeys25

So, as a college sophomore this doesn't affect me? As I understand it, I would attend OCS in FY2013, but does that mean I could apply for BDCP now and have a shot?

I am also a college sophomore. I thought this was the case and I'd be good to go to apply in September. I just got word today that BDCP has been even further closed until spring at least. I will most likely be rejected in sept boards because of this and will have to just sit and wait until it opens again...

Shishka

I am also a college sophomore. I thought this was the case and I'd be good to go to apply in September. I just got word today that BDCP has been even further closed until spring at least. I will most likely be rejected in sept boards because of this and will have to just sit and wait until it opens again...

Got it. Bummer! Guess I'll look forward to spring and hope things open up then.

mrkeys25

There is always the possibility I am wrong though. If anyone hears anything similar or contradictory to this, by all mean, please post it!

gmorrow2

Regardless of if this gouge is 100% you should still apply as soon as you have a strong application. If anything you can always reapply later but best to ask and be told NO then never to have asked at all... I'm just finishing up Calculus & Physics before I apply but by next Feb or so my app. will be in for FY2013 grad date.

If your strong app. is denied that gives you a few months to do some community service & reapply. Your OR would be the one to ask though. Use them.

Aimhigh

hey guys!

I'm gonna send my package soon but I'm hearing word that BDCP will shut down as early as 2012? I'm ready to send my package and my graduation date will be spring 2012. Yesterday, my OR emailed saying he had bad news but hasn't told me anything yet. I'm waiting for his call.