• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NJP TO OFFICER

Status
Not open for further replies.

subreservist

Unfortunately, it was dumb of him to leave watch to get the U/I water. You’re useless on watch as a U/I and won’t be missed getting water for yourself. If they were too debilitated, a trip to medical was warranted. Without any other information this reads like he was trying to curry favor with the U/I to get laid.

Right or wrong, sounds like another example of someone running afoul of the chiefs mess on the boat by disagreeing with them publicly and members of the mess taking an opportunity to teach them a lesson.

Not sure how I missed this? Completely correct. The U/I isn't "on watch". Secure and get your own damn water!

nodropinufaka

And where the hell is that? That is more than an exaggeration. That statement is completely unfounded and defies logic. Makes me discount many of your other comments.

what’s hard to believe?

What you think corporate lawyers are stellar human beings?

They are some of the most derelict people I know.

I know it’s hard to believe when you’re career military that there’s an entire world out there where your personal life and your own time is exactly that and all that matters is if you can do your job and satisfy the clients.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
what’s hard to believe?

What you think corporate lawyers are stellar human beings?
Can you or can you not cite peer-reviewed research that estimates the rate of cocaine use among lawyers as > 50%? Can you or can you not cite peer reviewed research that says > 50% of lawyers have been convicted of a DUI?

nodropinufaka

Can you or can you not cite peer-reviewed research that estimates the rate of cocaine use among lawyers as > 50%? Can you or can you not cite peer reviewed research that says > 50% of lawyers have been convicted of a DUI?

well if you re read what I wrote- I said half the lawyers I work with not half of the lawyers within the United States.

so your question is off and needs revision.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
well if you re read what I wrote- I said half the lawyers I work with not half of the lawyers within the United States.

BS. And how do you serve your clients as coke fiends and drunks? You know this about the lawyers in your business but the leadership, clients, and other unapproving co workers who would report them or otherwise make trouble have not noticed? Just how close to this abuse are you? I have been a close observer of the legal community in one of the largest metro areas in the nation for over 25 years. What you claim, in my experience, is not the case, not even close, in any practise area.

nodropinufaka

BS. And how do you serve your clients as coke fiends and drunks? You know this about the lawyers in your business but the leadership, clients, and other unapproving co workers who would report them or otherwise make trouble have not noticed? Just how close to this abuse are you? I have been a close observer of the legal community in one of the largest metro areas in the nation for over 25 years. What you claim, in my experience, is not the case, not even close, in any practise area.
Aren't you a police helicopter pilot?

how is that in anyway close to corporate lawyers?

im not talking about public defenders or prosecutors here. I’m talking about IP lawyers for huge tech companies.

And how exactly would you be “observing” that field of law? It’s not even criminal law.

Theres a lot of people who are high functioning recreational drug users believe it or not. Shit didn’t that one Columbia professor come out recently and say he snorts heroin to relax??!?

Not sure what is so unbelievable about my statements. Have you not seen the young rich YUPPIE scene????

Edit- if you’re in Southern California just go to a bar in any of the beach towns (Newport, Manhattan, Santa Monica, etc) and you can see it with your own two eyes.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.

It doesn't need any revision at all. I'm smart enough to use Google before asking a rhetorical question to point out how stupid you are; research estimates that roughly 11-15% of lawyers use illegal drugs, and of that 11% roughly 5% are utilizing prescription drugs (valium, percoset, oxy, etc.). That leaves 5-7% of lawyers using stimulants like coke. Roughly 15-20% of lawyers abuse alcohol.

If you actually work for a firm where 50% of its lawyers are using coke and have DUIs instead of making a gross exaggerated claim, you are in the exception, not the norm. You should get out before you get arrested with them.

Theres a lot of people who are high functioning recreational drug users believe it or not. Shit didn’t that one Columbia professor come out recently and say he snorts heroin to relax??!?

Edit- if you’re in Southern California just go to a bar in any of the beach towns (Newport, Manhattan, Santa Monica, etc) and you can see it with your own two eyes.
Yeah in my college days I knew quite a few people who did that sort of thing. Thankfully I never used the stuff or I wouldn't be in the Navy. Anyway, fast forward 15 years and 2 are dead from OD, 2 are dead from a bad DUI crash, 2 have felony convictions and are struggling to pay bills, one has a misdemeanor and is struggling to pay bills, and one is a CEO (who spent 1 week in the hospital when he was in the DUI crash with the 2 people who died).

Last edited:

nodropinufaka

It doesn't need any revision at all. I'm smart enough to use Google before asking a rhetorical question to point out how stupid you are; research estimates that roughly 11-15% of lawyers use illegal drugs, and of that 11% roughly 5% are utilizing prescription drugs (valium, percoset, oxy, etc.). That leaves 5-7% of lawyers using stimulants like coke. Roughly 15-20% of lawyers abuse alcohol.

If you actually work for a firm where 50% of its lawyers are using coke and have DUIs instead of making a gross exaggerated claim, you are in the exception, not the norm. You should get out before you get arrested with them.

Yeah in my college days I knew quite a few people who did that sort of thing. Thankfully I never used the stuff or I wouldn't be in the Navy. Anyway, fast forward 15 years and 2 are dead from OD, 2 are dead from a bad DUI crash, 2 have felony convictions and are struggling to pay bills, one has a misdemeanor and is struggling to pay bills, and one is a CEO (who spent 1 week in the hospital when he was in the DUI crash with the 2 people who died).

Wait to make sure I understand what you are saying...

You used google to find studies and cherry pick data sets without even looking at their sampling methods as a way to prove that my own actual experience is wrong???

I am not a lawyer. I work in Tech. Notice where I said the lawyers are doing IP law.

I don't know why you don't want to believe me? Is it cause it doesn't agree with your worldview? Jealous that people who use drugs are also making a lot of money? I dont know.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Wait to make sure I understand what you are saying...

You used google to find studies and cherry pick data sets without even looking at their sampling methods as a way to prove that my own actual experience is wrong???

I am not a lawyer. I work in Tech.
Now we've explained two things: first, why you have no idea what you're talking about wrt the law profession. Second, why you have such poor reading comprehension.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Aren't you a police helicopter pilot?

how is that in anyway close to corporate lawyers?

im not talking about public defenders or prosecutors here. I’m talking about IP lawyers for huge tech companies.

And how exactly would you be “observing” that field of law? It’s not even criminal law.

Not sure what is so unbelievable about my statements. Have you not seen the young rich YUPPIE scene????

I don't get it. In one part of this thread you lambaste how the Navy/Marine Corps doesn't accept people who have poor paper trails, or who don't give people second (or third) chances after they screw up. You speak of how much better the civilian world does it.

Then you say that 50% of the civilian world legal professionals are coke heads.

If 50% of the civilian world doesn't hold people accountable and allows leadership to promote folks like that then I'll take the military system.

BTW- you're a wannabe. Perhaps you should act like someone who wants to be here and learn rather than spout bullshit and try to impress us with your vast knowledge.

nodropinufaka

Now we've explained two things: first, why you have no idea what you're talking about wrt the law profession. Second, why you have such poor reading comprehension.
Ok so explain how I have no idea?

You seem to be the one having trouble comprehending not me.

Status
Not open for further replies.