• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NJP TO OFFICER

Status
Not open for further replies.

nodropinufaka

This argument has devolved into creating two mythical creatures because people didn't like Brett's answer:

Neither the 'red' or 'blue' sailor is likely to be selected for a commissioning program because, contrary to the anecdotal claims in this thread, there are plenty of EPs in the fleet who didn't go to NJP in the last 36 months. If the 'red' sailor continues his/her performance and learns from his/her experiences, in three years they can apply and will likely get accepted.

Brett didnt say that though. He was referring to ever being recommended because of a prior NJP and outside of the three year wait.

exNavyOffRec

Know what happened to the last guy I saw try the CM route?

The CO panicked and instead just processed an Admin sep on him since he had under 6 years of service.

How is that justice?
I feel that is why most don't pull the CM card, I know of one personally that did when he was an E-6 due to a failed drug test and it was proven it was the supplements he was taking, ones that later on became known for causing those issues, he ended up retiring as an E-8

The only other one I heard of was on recruiting and he was also an E-6, not sure what the offense was but he pulled the CM card and the command backed off then as it was close to evals tried to shaft him, "someone" called IG, investigation happened and uncovered drinking on duty and hazing, 2 CPO's had their careers ended. I don't know if the E-6 ultimately was shafted on the eval or not though.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Know what happened to the last guy I saw try the CM route?

The CO panicked and instead just processed an Admin sep on him since he had under 6 years of service.

How is that justice?
Well, you need 2x NJP to ADSEP for a pattern of misconduct, so I'm wondering what other details you're leaving out. Give us all the full story, and I'll render a professional opinion.

In any case, ADSEP is an administrative process, not a legal one, so it has no bearing on whether justice was served or not. Getting fired from your job for what I presume was ongoing problematic behavior isn't a miscarriage of justice... it's just life.

SELRES_AMDO

I thought you can just ADSEP someone for misconduct without NJP?

Least that is what happened to my guy. He had nothing in his record for prior NJP. He was accused of a crime and was hit with ADSEP when he tried to fight it.

exNavyOffRec

In the blue corner we have a sailor who makes a career of skating. He keeps his nose clean, but everyone knows he's dead weight to the command. He puts in an officer package because why the hell not?
of course you know that when it comes to these sailors applying for nuke LDO they still have a decent chance because not that many apply for nuke LDO.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought you can just ADSEP someone for misconduct without NJP?

Least that is what happened to my guy. He had nothing in his record for prior NJP. He was accused of a crime and was hit with ADSEP when he tried to fight it.
Nope. Not unless it's a serious offense, in which case it's likely going to end up in a General CM.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Nope. Not unless it's a serious offense, in which case it's likely going to end up in a General CM.
Let me specify that this is the case when "Pattern of Misconduct" is the basis for the ADSEP. If it was drug use, for example, that is a different basis, thus the 2x NJP is not required.

SELRES_AMDO

Let me specify that this is the case when "Pattern of Misconduct" is the basis for the ADSEP. If it was drug use, for example, that is a different basis, thus the 2x NJP is not required.
That was kind of my point. You can be hit with ADSEP if you're accused of a crime and choose to fight it.

To be fair, you can also get fired from your job for an accusation. So that is just how the world works.

Frenchiee

trust me, if it was me, i would include that in my initial post.
You seem to have very detailed knowledges of your friend's educational background and work experiences. Why don't you just tell us what you went to mast for? You're anonymous here.

Also, not to be culturally insensitive, but I take it that English is not your native language, and in my opinion you would have to do some serious work on your written communications skills before I thought you were ready to be an officer. Was this brought up at any of your interviews or boards for your OCS package at your command?

Frenchiee

he was on watch, one of his U/I were having a sea sickness, so he deviated from his watch to go get him a bottle of water from the ship store and got caught by his senior chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.