• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFO's in the EA-18 G ???

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
That stuff wasn't half as bad as the HARM paste I had to eat at the Weapons School :eek: Try some HARM set-point math for getting really in the weeds.

Brett

Don't tell me you drank the PTI coolaid? Say it isnt so...or was it just a HARM class?

ea6bflyr

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ea6bflyr said:
Don't tell me you drank the PTI coolaid? Say it isnt so...or was it just a HARM class?

ea6bflyr
It's true. I am, sadly, a bonifide PTI.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Purdue Jones said:
NFO's in the EA-18 G ???
Let's just hope they're as polished and proficient as their predecessors in the A-6, F-4, F-14, and EA-6 ... and too many other a/c to name.... :icon_mi_1

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
JetJunkie said:
VAQ, "VA"KME :)
Here's the skinny on the naming convention straight from 129. Each new Shocker squadron will do a 1 for 1 replacement for a fleet Prowler squaron, so, for example, VAQ-132 will turn in their EA-6s, do the appropriate training, and get their new jets while keeping all their old squadron stuff. It's kind of like how the F-14 transitions are going. Amplifying info to follow as it becomes available.

Brett

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
From what understood, each Growler/Shocker squadron was going to get 6 EA-18's per squadron.

ea6bflyr

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ea6bflyr said:
From what understood, each Growler/Shocker squadron was going to get 6 EA-18's per squadron.

ea6bflyr
Concur.

Brett

Punk

Sky Pig Wrangler
pilot
it'll be a great patch

HandSticker.jpg

Hursel110

None
I guess the LT and LCDR on the left, closer to the camera, did not notice every other person in uniform is wearing their cover.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think I may start drooling . . .

Noticed it's in -129 markings. Are they going to be delivering the RAG anytime soon, or are the folks at Pax River still playing with it?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Somebody with photoshop skills needs to photoshop out "GROWLER" and shop in "SHOCKER"

I love you, man. :D

@ Nittany: This one will be used for testing purposes. The RAG won't get any jets for several years. Those 129 markings are really just big stickers that the Boeing propaganda department slaps on for promotional events. They used to bring out an F model every so often, slap on those stickers and some Pods and voila, a fake Shocker to ohh and ahh about.

Brett

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I love you, man. :D

@ Nittany: This one will be used for testing purposes. The RAG won't get any jets for several years. Those 129 markings are really just big stickers that the Boeing propaganda department slaps on for promotional events. They used to bring out an F model every so often, slap on those stickers and some Pods and voila, a fake Shocker to ohh and ahh about.

Brett

I figured as much, although I also kind of hoped there would be one to drool over when I got up there. After all, I haven't been weaned off the HUD yet . . .

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I figured as much, although I also kind of hoped there would be one to drool over when I got up there. After all, I haven't been weaned off the HUD yet . . .

Dude... if you get to the Shocker... it'll just get worse too. HUD = primary flight instrument on the Rhino... none of this flying with the ADI up ... you have the HUD and the other displays are for other stuff.... I'm such a cripple.