• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New MARADMIN- no more rolled sleeves in cammies.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Thanks for keeping me straight on that, Devil.
I wasn’t trying to correct you. (If we were talking) The tone of my comment was more of disgust, with an attempt of a little cynicism thrown in. I suppose I failed. But thanks for calling me “devil”...made me laugh this morning. I haven’t been called “devil” since TBS.

Regarding this new policy though… It’s my belief that the policy is nothing more than an attempt to aggravate Marines and give them another reason to get out, thus helping with the drawdown. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts before it starts getting gaffed off. I’ve already heard several squadrons say that they were putting all aircrew on the flight schedule on Fridays (turn pilots, sims, FCF, etc). Maintainers won't be wearing them either or MX won’t get done.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I'm in the land of FROG suits. What unit/base is going Charlie Friday all of a sudden?

I've always thought that if you think Charlies are more professional, you should have the balls to go all the way and mandate them for all office duty.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
I'm in the land of FROG suits. What unit/base is going Charlie Friday all of a sudden?

I've always thought that if you think Charlies are more professional, you should have the balls to go all the way and mandate them for all office duty.

The entire Marine Corps. Every single Friday.

It's awesome.

Just remember, when you (the generic "you") sea lawyer the orders from your higher, you are basically clearing your subordinates hot to sea lawyer your orders.

I'm sitting in my bravos as I type this, with heartfelt admiration for the wisdom of our senior leadership in my heart.

And I'm flying today.

phrogpilot73

Has anyone actually seen a MARADMIN about it? The only thing I've seen in writing are stuff that originated at MARFORRES...

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Essentially, he just sent an email to the Chief of Staff stating his intent. Nothing in writing, aside from the email trail from above.

A MARADMIN isn't necessary.

phrogpilot73

Essentially, he just sent an email to the Chief of Staff stating his intent. Nothing in writing, aside from the email trail from above.

A MARADMIN isn't necessary.
That makes sense, as a reserve dude I'm out of the loop most times and without a MARADMIN I was beginning to wonder if it was something that originated in MARFORRES (again, the only thing I had seen in writing) that grew out of hand.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought it was a CMC White Letter I hadn't seen... oh well. I've seen the CoS email.

I agree with jarhead though - just one more thing to aggravate people to get out. "We're going to make it so painful that only those that really want it stay in" line of thinking. I guess if all you want are sycophants and yes men, that thinking works great. No more flight suit Friday's in the battalion and time to move Friday Patches to Thursday. Next set of orders will remedy this though, assuming this policy remains post-current CMC.

If it were truly a matter of fatness, we already have regs on the books and you already know who's fat in your unit w/o tighter uniforms. OICs/COs fail to take action - often due to a lack of ability to do so. Make it easier to give people the boot.

/still wearing sized-at-TBS bravos... because the exchange has been plundered
//fits about as well as you might think. cranial bloodflow is overrated.

Hotdogs

I don’t care if I hurt your feelings
pilot
I personally enjoy the opportunity to make fun of fat people....and I get to do it on fridays? Hell yes. Thanks CMC!

Renegade One

None
Roll them sleeves back up 9 March!

Maradmin 078/14

Now if we can get them to change having to wear them stinking service B/Cs on Fridays...

S/F
I, for one, am glad and happy to see that the Marine Corps' focus remains "squarely" on combat readiness.

Christ on a fucking crutch….

If you bastards had two balls between you you'd grow a fucking mustache in garrison and tell the leadership triad "Fuck off..it's within regs…I'll shave it off when it gets in the way of my gun kills… Check the HUD camera footage."

Or words to that effect. ;)