• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New MARADMIN- no more rolled sleeves in cammies.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I would not be the least bit surprised if you told me you've been carting those things around for the past decade.

It hasn't been a decade yet!

Black boots are better than suede. They fit perfectly when broken in, they look shit-hot, and they last forever if you take care of them.
images

And that wall locker is clearly not inspection ready, half that stuff needs to go on the JOB!

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
You'll see Marines walking around in both uniforms - desert sleeves rolled or unrolled and woodlands never rolled - depending on the requirements of what they are doing. And no one gives a second thought to it because it is assumed you are doing what you gotta do and/or doing it for a good reason.

Erin M.

pilot
Yes, we do. I've only ever done that type of training in the "Quantico highlands" battling the CRF, so it made more sense to wear woodlands as it was much more fitting for the terrain in that environment.

Slightly off topic - Anyone still in TBS, or having recently left - Are we still fighting in Centralia?

I just finished TBS about 3 weeks ago. We are still fighting in Centralia. I'm still waiting for my Centralia Action Ribbon and Campaign Medals. I had what seemed like 40 deployments out there.

Here is some sweet Centralia gear (if you haven't already acquired yours....):
http://www.cafepress.com/centraliawar

sodajones

Combat Engineer
Peace time is uh-commin'

Get use to it or get out cause the desk jockeys are only going to find more time for stupid s$&@ like this.

I've never been in a peace time Marine Corps and I don't intend to find out what it looks like.

Go Coast Guard!

KBayDog

Peace time is uh-commin'

Get use to it or get out cause the desk jockeys are only going to find more time for stupid s$&@ like this.

I've never been in a peace time Marine Corps and I don't intend to find out what it looks like.

Go Coast Guard!

Well, I have served in a Peace Time Marine Corps (as have several other active members of this forum), and I'll tell you that the only differences between the Peace Time Corps and the War Time Corps are that:

1. You don't deploy as often. MEUs and UDPs are about all you do, and

2. We're poor. I'm talking "buying your own shit paper and cleaning supplies for the barracks; using 40-year old 782 gear; and no more civil servants/contractors (so you're going to (re-)assume their workload with a fraction of our current manning) poor." "

The garrison-type uniform games? Those are continuous.

-I came in during the era of woodland camo and black shoes - we spent countless off-duty hours ironing and spit-shining. (Towards the end of the Peace Time Corps, MARPAT slowly made its debut, but it was accelerated after 2001.)
-Spit-shined boots? They went away...but there was still a vocal minority who wanted us to starch and iron our MARPAT uniforms and ditch the 'suede' boots.
-Sleeves-up, sleeves-down games? They've been played between the armory and the range since Sam Nicholas was a Candidate.
-Wearing beanies/watch caps in uniform? SNCOs have been fighting that battle since Chapultepec.
-Wearing 8-pt cover vs. Boonie cover? Those regulations have been in place only since the MARPAT uniforms came about (yes, during the War Time Corps).
-Wearing Tan in the summer/Green in the winter? Again, those regulations have been in place only since the MARPAT uniforms came about (yes, during the War Time Corps).
-Shifting the uniform changeover dates in the fall and winter? Another moving regulation that has been in place (and moved quite a bit) since the MARPAT uniforms came about (yes, during the War Time Corps).
-Reflective belts? Another War Time Corps innovation.
-GWOE, IA, Trafficking in Persons, and the myriad of exciting MARINENET courses? All inventions of the War Time Corps.

Bottom line - Don't think that there's some huge difference between the War Time Corps and the Peace Time Corps WRT the garrison/uniform games. They have always been there, and they will never go away. (In fact, I think an argument can be made that the number of garrison-type administrative anklebiters (annual training, leave request requirements, etc.) and "nitnoid" uniform regulations have actually increased during the past decade of war...)

phrogpilot73

2. We're poor. I'm talking "buying your own shit paper and cleaning supplies for the barracks; using 40-year old 782 gear; and no more civil servants/contractors (so you're going to (re-)assume their workload with a fraction of our current manning) poor." "
Understatement of the decade. You should have said "broke as shit." Some of the youngin's that only know the post 9/11 Corps are going to be in for a RUDE awakening...