• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

IKE

Nerd Whirler
pilot
The Kids in the Hall has (have) been rebooted on Amazon. Feels much like the original (same cast)

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Mike Myers has a new series on Netflix that just started - will give it a go tonight.

The Pentaverate​

My take on it- if you get/like Mike Myers comedy you'll enjoy it, if not, then you won't.

I think it's a good show.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

I just finished Outer Range on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good. Has a cool neo-western vibe that goes sci-fi, but not like Westworld. The cast is also pretty legit and does a really good job, and the scenery and cinematography is great.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No, that’s 12 o’clock High.
Paul Dean and I worked a shift together at the Sheriff's Office many years ago. I recognized him as a newspaper columnist, and Vietnam War correspondent. It was great talking to him. He had been a major player in a SOCAL Commemorative Air Force chapter and key to the acquisition and and restoration of the C-46 China Doll. Paul was a RAF pilot and flew Hurricanes, Spitfires and Vampires, among others. He once dead sticked a Vampire onto the runway landing hard gear up. He said the plane practically disintegrated as it slid down the runway ( the pod fuselage was made of wood). He was unhurt. He finished his formal writing career at the Robb Report. So why is this post not in Griz's catch all aviation thread?

When Paul Dean was at the LA Times he interviewed Gregory Peck. Gregory Peck said that his role as Frank Savage and 12 O' Clock High was the work he was most proud of. That coming from a guy that got on Oscar for his role as Atticus Finch in To Kill a Mocking Bird and a Golden Globe for Roman Holiday.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor

I just finished Outer Range on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good. Has a cool neo-western vibe that goes sci-fi, but not like Westworld. The cast is also pretty legit and does a really good job, and the scenery and cinematography is great.
Just finished it and I’m torn. Great acting but I hate the filming (that awful too dark style) and the story line feels like the writers are stumbling toward an ending someone else has already thought of. But I’ll probably jump into the hole and see what happens in Season 2.

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Just finished it and I’m torn. Great acting but I hate the filming (that awful too dark style) and the story line feels like the writers are stumbling toward an ending someone else has already thought of. But I’ll probably jump into the hole and see what happens in Season 2.

I see where you're at with the story arc and the dark scenes. I really like how they capture all of the open, day scenes, but the darkness didn't bother me- it seems to me with this show evil happens in the dark and good in the light- and when evil happen in the light and good in the dark you know something is up.. I hope in season two they start to kick off other timelines.

I also found a couple of scenes hokey in the sense that they did nothing other than set up a quite obvious 1, 2, punch. That bothered me because it essentially gave up a spoiler as to what would happen next. They built artificial gravity that just didn't need to be there.

But I'm still definitely in for season 2.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I see where you're at with the story arc and the dark scenes. I really like how they capture all of the open, day scenes, but the darkness didn't bother me- it seems to me with this show evil happens in the dark and good in the light- and when evil happen in the light and good in the dark you know something is up.. I hope in season two they start to kick off other timelines.

I also found a couple of scenes hokey in the sense that they did nothing other than set up a quite obvious 1, 2, punch. That bothered me because it essentially gave up a spoiler as to what would happen next. They built artificial gravity that just didn't need to be there.

But I'm still definitely in for season 2.
Fun fact…the show is filmed primarily in Albuquerque NM. The scenes where they are riding across the valley up to “the void” is done only a few yards from I-25 just north of the city and they are riding over what used to be Coronado (4AC) Airport where I saw my first ever airplane crash (very bad landing). Across the highway is a new, massive, film studio.