• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

number9

Contributor
It's not on Netflix, but the excellent Italian crime drama Gomorrah is on HBO Max. It makes The Godfather look like Sesame Street.

I recommend watching it in Italian (well, Neapolitan) with English subtitles instead of the dubbed version.

number9

Contributor
Available for streaming on Peacock: the BBC's excellent series Vigil. A police drama set on board HMS Vigil, a Vanguard-class nuclear sub.

number9

Contributor
Really? That looked terrible in the promos.
Now that I've finished the series, I'd like to replace my "excellent" appraisal with "pretty good" instead. Some of it jumps the shark a little bit, but kudos to the creators for coming up with something creative and different.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Didn’t see much of the Super Bowl but in passing, I did catch the following commercial:

Decided to go out and buy The Sopranos complete series on BluRay.

1644969076295.jpeg

And now for the original intro:

number9

Contributor
The excellent Generation War on Amazon Prime. In German with English subtitles, and titled "Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter" ("Our mothers, our fathers") in German. An excellent miniseries about five German friends and their journeys through WW2.

I also really liked Station Eleven on HBO Max. Dystopian pandemic series set in the near future, and worth watching.

(Paternity leave is a good time to catch up on TV shows that I've been meaning to watch...)