• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I'm in the middle of it and I've been enjoying it.

The weapon details are spot on - and that's kind of cool.

Except the myriad of CA firearms laws not followed. Also, I'm pretty sure in the state of CA, his Land Cruiser has been found to cause cancer.

Based on a book series written by retired SEAL Jack Carr.

Who's now dead! I chuckled when I watched that episode yesterday.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Also, I'm pretty sure in the state of CA, his Land Cruiser has been found to cause cancer.
+1

Interesting product placements that I am sure aren't accidents -

Costa branded shirts
Glock 19's
DD AR's
Straight Colt M4's
PMAGS galore
Barrett 50///

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Don't forget the plethora of Eberlestock bags.

I think most of them were BCM branded guns, but I thought the same thing at first. Other shots show the BCM emblem and rail. The FBI guns looked correct, as well, with the G-rails on everyone's issued gun.

Funny enough, a friend of mine sent me a picture of his issued kit just last week...

52204488975_0e0b0d245c_b.jpg

As an aside, just about every AR in Jack Reacher, which was filmed in Georgia, was a DD (or DD-branded airsoft clone). I'm sure not by coincidence.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Watched 13 Lives over the weekend, can't remember if it was Amazon or Netflix. Either way, I thought it was very well written and directed, but could have done more to develop and explain some of the characters and their backgrounds rather then just have people showed up. Getting through the subtitles was a little challenging at first. What those divers were able to do is monumentally impressive. I also didn't recognize Colin Farrell (looking old) and Viggo Mortensen (shaved head and thin).

Last edited:

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
Watched 13 Lives over the weekend, can't remember if it was Amazon or Netflix. Either way, I thought it was very well written and directed, but could have done more to develop and explain some of the characters and their backgrounds rather then just have people showed up. Getting through the subtitles was a little challenging at first. What those divers were able to do is monumentally impressive. I also didn't recognize Colin Farrell (looking old) and Viggo Mortensen (shaved head and thin).
I haven't watched Thirteen Lives yet, but there's an amazing documentary on Disney+ called The Rescue that covers the same incident.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I really liked the “13 Lives” movie. Add to that a shocking choice, the new “Elvis” movie now on HBO. I grew up listening to Elvis and he died when I was a junior in high school. The movie reminded me of his impact across a number of generations. I wasn’t impressed with the first quarter of the movie (jumps around a lot) but it grew on me and the ending scenes were quite touching. If you are below the age of 50 you might find it an artful bio-pic, but for the older dogs it is worth streaming.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Don't forget the plethora of Eberlestock bags.

I think most of them were BCM branded guns, but I thought the same thing at first. Other shots show the BCM emblem and rail. The FBI guns looked correct, as well, with the G-rails on everyone's issued gun.

Funny enough, a friend of mine sent me a picture of his issued kit just last week...

52204488975_0e0b0d245c_b.jpg

As an aside, just about every AR in Jack Reacher, which was filmed in Georgia, was a DD (or DD-branded airsoft clone). I'm sure not by coincidence.
Have your friend demo their unusual rifle mount - with buttstock in center of plate carrier. I dont quite get it and not sure by the Bureau has a thing against just shouldering a rifle. We have an a SA who is a reservist in my unit - same set up. He had to fight uphill battle to get his Glock 43...

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I haven't watched Thirteen Lives yet, but there's an amazing documentary on Disney+ called The Rescue that covers the same incident.

I finally got around to watching Thirteen Lives last weekend, after watching The Rescue when it first premiered a while back. Honestly, I thought the documentary was a much better telling of the story, and some of the more amazing aspects - eg, the girlfriend of one of the lead divers just happened to be from the same small country town where the boys were from - were stranger than fiction. The way they filmed the doc really conveyed the claustrophobia and physical stress of cave-diving, more strikingly than the movie.

Plus the 'first name only' guy who showed up to help facilitate things with the government...fit, short hair, mentions he speaks fluent Thai, has been through dive school, knows a lot of senior government officials, and they snap at the cameraman to stop filming him. Dude had Agency written all over him, I was surprised they left him in the doc.