• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
I mentioned WW2: GI Diary previously but wasn’t able to link to a video until now. A 1978 series narrated by Lloyd Bridges that depicted battles from the perspective of the individual soldier, sailor, airman and Marine. There were 25 different thirty minutes episodes on battles such as Midway & the Battle of the Bulge as well as famous ships/airplanes such as the USS Franklin and the B-17 Memphis Belle. Probably the best 2 episodes were the raid on Ploesti and the double strike on Regensburg / Schweinfurt. Hard to find on youtube but here is 1 example ((Battle for Peleliu). Ended up ordering the 7 disc DVD set.

jmcquate

Contributor
Watched "Tomcat Tales" last night on Prime. Pretty good. Some interesting sea stories. Some that I've heard. Some I haven't. Worth a rental.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Reports are saying the new movie “Stillwater” got a 5 minute standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival. Story is about an American oil rig worker who journeys to France to get his daughter out of prison. Stars Matt Damon.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Reports are saying the new movie “Stillwater” got a 5 minute standing ovation at the Cannes Film Festival. Story is about an American oil rig worker who journeys to France to get his daughter out of prison. Stars Matt Damon.

That's a data point for sure. But honestly, the Cannes crowd does not represent my taste in movies. More than half the films that have won the Palm I have never seen in a local theater. Obviously this one will get wide distro. Will likely see it.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Oh, and Clarkson's Farm on Amazon. Awesome. A well deserved tribute to farmers, and highly entertaining. Same high production value and "writing" as we saw in the long running Top Gear and more recently The Grand Tour. Just got picked up for a second season.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Drive to Survive got me into F1. This is the first season I've followed, and based on what I've been reading online, it's a banger season to start following F1.
Racing? Here's a new twist to the NASCAR left turn...left turn...left turn...left turn...repeat thing.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Ran across this on youtube - thought some might enjoy “The Real Story Behind The Final Countdown”

and in case any of our younger people here have never seen the movie, here is the trailer from 1980

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Ran across this on youtube - thought some might enjoy “The Real Story Behind The Final Countdown”

and in case any of our younger people here have never seen the movie, here is the trailer from 1980

Love that movie!