• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

FinkUFreaky

pilot
A smidge of a zombie thread....but Stephen King can't write an ending to save his life.
Yeah, some writers seem to have a problem with that, but at least Stephen King wrote endings. GRRM, and Patrick Rothfuss, looking at you. Admittedly, they aren't my bitches. But definitely leaving a lot of people hanging... And I regret recommending the Patrick Rothfuss "trilogy" that started back in 2008 to anyone. Fame changes some writers, and I'll at least respect the fact the King kept chugging for his fans. I know there was a delay on that Dark Tower series, but it wasn't too much of a delay based on when I started reading. OK Mods, feel free to move this one into a book discussion ?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Over the last few weekends, some old school Hollywood featuring Cary Grant:

1959’s Operation Petticoat with Tony Curtis

Hitchcock’s 1955 film To Catch a Thief with Grace Kelly

and 1958’s Houseboat with the stunning Sophia Loren

Pags

N/A
pilot
Over the last few weekends, some old school Hollywood featuring Cary Grant:

1959’s Operation Petticoat with Tony Curtis

Hitchcock’s 1955 film To Catch a Thief with Grace Kelly

and 1958’s Houseboat with the stunning Sophia Loren

Hey, second Operation Petticoat this week!

GroundPounder

At the end of the movie, as then Admiral Sherman steps off the Sea Tiger, and he's greeted by his wife and two boys, the first lad says "Hi Mr. Grant".. but Grant picks up the pace like no errors had been made, and, of course you immediately have the bus pulling away with the car attached to it. Few people catch the boy calling him Mr. Grant--but it's there.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Got a streaming service called PLUTO TV - free but with commercials. Has both live channels and an on-demand selection of movies. Big selection of classic TV that us retirees will remember. Tonight, probably going to be:

and then either:

or

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just started with “The Queen’s Gambit” on Netflix. Very, very good so far.
I liked it more for the aesthetic of the filmmaking than I did for the story/characters, which felt a little bit flat to me.

I just finished "Your Honor" with Bryan Cranston, who is brilliant, as usual.

Pags

N/A
pilot
The Expanse (Amazon) is excellent.
I loved the books (have read like 6 or so) but I have struggled getting onboard with the expanse tv show. It all started with Miller's hat. The book very explicitly said it was a pork pie and not a fedora. And then they go and use the wrong damned hat for the show. Pendantic? Probably.