• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
There are “Victory at Sea” (watching now - showing the daily ration of rum being distributed onboard the battleship HMS King George V ) and “WW2: GI Diary” for the Second World War - can anyone recommend a similar documentary / series for WW1 ?

jmcquate

Contributor
There are “Victory at Sea” (watching now - showing the daily ration of rum being distributed onboard the battleship HMS King George V ) and “WW2: GI Diary” for the Second World War - can anyone recommend a similar documentary / series for WW1 ?
Amazon Prime. Haven't watched it, so I don't know if it's any good.

Pags

N/A
pilot
For All Mankind looks superb. Can anyone give a review?

If only there was some sort of digital space that was filled with information of all sorts that could be easily searched. But alas, we live in the real world and such notions are beyond our current technology. But a man can dream... ?

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
If only there was some sort of digital space that was filled with information of all sorts that could be easily searched. But alas, we live in the real world and such notions are beyond our current technology. But a man can dream... ?

Doh! It’s been a long day...

Pags

N/A
pilot
Doh! It’s been a long day...
You get to be AW duty officer for the week. While on duty watch the series and prepare a synopsis for the wardroom while adhering to the "faster and funnier" principle.

Poking fun at you aside, some folks on here had put up some comments when it came out. I watched a bit when I first got Apple TV so I could watch greyhound but never got past the first two or so but it seemed interesting.

Now Ted Lasso. That's what you should all be watching.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
A couple of weeks ago I got HBO Max added because I upgraded my internet (which some how pushed my bill lower). I decided I wanted to watch From the Earth to the Moon in it's remastered format, so I started episode one. I made it about 3 minutes in and decided I really needed to watch The Right Stuff first, which was the right decision. I'm now up through Spider (Ep. 5) and the remastering to HD is a noticeably nice addition. I'm glad @Pags pointed that out 10-some pages ago.

Now Ted Lasso. That's what you should all be watching.

Agreed.

Pags

N/A
pilot
A couple of weeks ago I got HBO Max added because I upgraded my internet (which some how pushed my bill lower). I decided I wanted to watch From the Earth to the Moon in it's remastered format, so I started episode one. I made it about 3 minutes in and decided I really needed to watch The Right Stuff first, which was the right decision. I'm now up through Spider (Ep. 5) and the remastering to HD is a noticeably nice addition. I'm glad @Pags pointed that out 10-some pages ago.

Agreed.
The Spider episode was my favorite from that series.

Gonzo08

*1. Gangbar Off
None
For All Mankind looks superb. Can anyone give a review?

Can't speak for the 2nd season, which is currently "airing", but I thought the first season was fantastic. I really enjoy alt-history stuff, and I think that the writing team from For All Mankind did a really great job positing how things would have been different.

Long story short: watch it.

Notanaviator

Contributor
Ted Lasso is the single most effective balm for the dumpster fire of despair and disappointment that was 2020. Interesting thing is I’ve found- albeit with a limited sample size- the more cynical you are the longer it takes to fully welcome the show into your heart. I was at about episode four before I gave myself over to its pure goodness. Remarkable.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ted Lasso is the single most effective balm for the dumpster fire of despair and disappointment that was 2020. Interesting thing is I’ve found- albeit with a limited sample size- the more cynical you are the longer it takes to fully welcome the show into your heart. I was at about episode four before I gave myself over to its pure goodness. Remarkable.
Not unlike "Trent Crimm, The Independant", eh?

Pags

N/A
pilot
If you don't love Ted Lasso you have no soul. There I said it.

Bergers2short

None
My social media feeds were filled with people telling me to watch Ted Lasso despite any notions that the ads or summaries might give me, since it came out last August. It took me until a month or 2 ago to finally watch it and I only regret not starting it sooner. They were right then and I'm glad to see the same take here!