• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Netflix recommendations?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
This started off strong but the second half was very anticlimactic. JGL did some great acting. The plot & script, meh. It’s no Harrison Ford Air Force One.

New show: Perry Mason
Perry Mason is fantastic. I felt differently about 7500...not every airline FO gets to be like your average president who jumps from one airplane to another at 35,000 feet shooting terrorists with an Uzi while disarming a nuke with a plastic fork. Some just have to land the aircraft when things are tough.

taxi1

pilot
The Old Guard on Netflix is excellent. Sort of super hero movie. They are immortal, but otherwise human. Good plot and good fighting. Gets 4 x ?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Perry Mason is fantastic. I felt differently about 7500...not every airline FO gets to be like your average president who jumps from one airplane to another at 35,000 feet shooting terrorists with an Uzi while disarming a nuke with a plastic fork. Some just have to land the aircraft when things are tough.
I wanted to watch Perry Mason but Mrs Wink pointed out several poor reviews. Can I give her your recommendation? I should tell you, she does not deal with disappoints well. Do you feel lucky?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
I wanted to watch Perry Mason but Mrs Wink pointed out several poor reviews. Can I give her your recommendation? I should tell you, she does not deal with disappoints well. Do you feel lucky?
I would recommend to any adult who liked HBO’s True Detective season 1. It definitely has a 1930’s flavor, if you enjoy the historical period of Indiana Jones or Prohibition era films.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Have you had a chance to check it out yet?

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Gotten into watching Deadwood this past week, it’s quickly becoming one of my all-time favorite series.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Have you had a chance to check it out yet?
Finished season one last night.
Mrs Wink gave up after two episodes. Thought it was OK. I love old detective movies and novels. Have to admit, after watching every Perry Mason episode twice or more and still tune it in, it was very hard to see him such a huge cynic, boozer, and ethically challenged. I haven't even wrapped my head around suave debonair carefree ladies man Paul Drake being a family man tortured by bigotry.

The story seemed unnecessarily complex, at least as it was revealed. Enjoyed the Hamilton Burger origin story. Sister Alice seems a complex character worth learning more about.

I might have enjoyed it more if it wasn't Perry Mason. But not being able to suspend my expectations for Perry and crew is my problem. Looking forward to the next season.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
In a similar vein as Man in the High Castle, I got into The Americans over the summer and it is excellent (period early 80s show about deep cover Soviet agents living in the US, think Mad Men meets James Bond).

necro reply, but I watched season 1+2 on my 2014 cruise......lost touch with the show, and then found out it made it to season 6. Downloaded and watched the rest on my 2019 cruise. Then came home and rewatched the whole thing with the wife. Great great show. Ticks pretty much all the boxes for me. She was a little bored with it when we got to like season 3-4, but as you know, end of season 5 through end is pretty much just constant madness and catastrophe.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
necro reply, but I watched season 1+2 on my 2014 cruise......lost touch with the show, and then found out it made it to season 6. Downloaded and watched the rest on my 2019 cruise. Then came home and rewatched the whole thing with the wife. Great great show. Ticks pretty much all the boxes for me. She was a little bored with it when we got to like season 3-4, but as you know, end of season 5 through end is pretty much just constant madness and catastrophe.

Glad you brought it back up, I think I ended up falling out in the middle of Season 4 so I'll have to give it another shot. Sounds like it may be a good one to add to my "stockpiling for deployment" TV show list...

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wholeheartedly agree. The Americans was easily one of my favorite shows ever.

Another plus with The Americans is that the ending actually delivered, unlike a lot of episodic, long-running series.

And good Lord, was Man in the High Castle disappointing.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Wholeheartedly agree. The Americans was easily one of my favorite shows ever.

I recently got into The Americans, got sidetracked with House of Cards. Finished House of Cards while on AT, the ending was pretty anti-climatic if you ask me. Now I need to restart The Americans

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Another plus with The Americans is that the ending actually delivered, unlike a lot of episodic, long-running series.

Yep. If you got bored in season 4, which I think most people do, stick with it. Season 6 is like the world burning. Much like 2020, but more specific to a few people :)

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
The Liberator on Netflix is a good, 4 episode WWII drama. A bit of a weird mix between live and animated, but overall recommend.