• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Working Uniform Type II and III - finally something sailors can wear....

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As I said, I am OK with current bag regs. It is what we wanted under the old regs, which was no wear through the gate at all. This is what prompted my comment.

Sorry, that wasn't meant as a jab at your comment, though now reading backwards I can see how it might have been seen as such.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
I found this picture of a current, serving Navy Rear Admiral Chaplain in Marine service dress interesting - whats the story here?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I found this picture of a current, serving Navy Rear Admiral Chaplain in Marine service dress interesting - whats the story here?
View attachment 28707
Chaplains assigned to the Marines are naval officers but wear USMC uniforms just as corpsman are allowed to do.

Pags

N/A
pilot
View attachment 28707
You know they have Google on the internets these days?

6501. GENERAL (UNIFORMS FOR NAVAL PERSONNEL SERVING WITH MARINE UNITS)

1. Navy officers may purchase and wear Marine Corps service uniforms at their option. When the Marine Corps service uniform is worn, Navy officers will abide by Marine Corps grooming and physical appearance standards and the uniform will be worn in the manner prescribed for Marine officers, except as otherwise specified in the USMC uniform regulations. Those officers who do not elect to wear Marine Corps service uniforms will wear the equivalent Navy service uniform and abide by Navy grooming and physical appearance standards. Navy officers may purchase and wear camouflage utility uniforms at their option. When utilities are worn, Navy officers may elect to abide by either Navy or Marine Corps uniform regulations, as outlined for Navy enlisted in the USMC uniform regulations. However, subdued grade insignia will not be worn on the utility uniform, regardless of whether Navy or Marine Corps regulations are followed.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
You know they have Google on the internets these days?

6501. GENERAL (UNIFORMS FOR NAVAL PERSONNEL SERVING WITH MARINE UNITS)

1. Navy officers may purchase and wear Marine Corps service uniforms at their option. When the Marine Corps service uniform is worn, Navy officers will abide by Marine Corps grooming and physical appearance standards and the uniform will be worn in the manner prescribed for Marine officers, except as otherwise specified in the USMC uniform regulations. Those officers who do not elect to wear Marine Corps service uniforms will wear the equivalent Navy service uniform and abide by Navy grooming and physical appearance standards. Navy officers may purchase and wear camouflage utility uniforms at their option. When utilities are worn, Navy officers may elect to abide by either Navy or Marine Corps uniform regulations, as outlined for Navy enlisted in the USMC uniform regulations. However, subdued grade insignia will not be worn on the utility uniform, regardless of whether Navy or Marine Corps regulations are followed.
Google is over rated...trust AW!

Pags

N/A
pilot
Chaplains assigned to the Marines are naval officers but wear USMC uniforms just as corpsman are allowed to do.
Technically, Naval Officers encompasses Navy, Marine, CG, and a few other cats and dogs. This is why it makes sense for those folks to be Naval Aviators. So the Chaps assigned to USMC units are Navy officers.

OscarMyers

None
When I was an AE at 106 back in 02-04 we had sailors in the shop that were on sea duty and would deploy with the Marine hornet squadrons. One of them qualified FMF and could wear Marine uniforms. Unfortunately him qualifying FMF also meant the Navy would only let him reenlist as a Corpsman....