• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If there's been another non-combat event that resulted in loss of 4% of our military, I'd love to hear about it.
Post Cold War drawdown, AD Navy end strength went from 592K to 373K, which is a lot more than 4%.
It then decreased again from 382K in 2002, to the current level of 319K, which is also a lot more than 4%

Just think of all the enhanced advancement opportunities that this will create for our Sailors that actually follow orders!

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm comparing the impacts of loss of 4% of the force. How that 4% was lost is irrelevant.
No. You said ‘re-enacting the battle of Gettysburg’. Make a math-based argument or a sensationalist emotional argument. The two don’t mix well.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Try to keep up, now.

For a second there I thought team super mod was all about recognizing other peoples’ viewpoints that were different from theirs. Glad to see that everything is still ops normal.
Recognizing other viewpoints doesn't mean that all of them are valid or worthwhile, but I know you have trouble seeing shades of gray. Let's compare...

Viewpoints worth considering:
  • Taking steps to promote inclusivity in the workplace
  • Listening to women and minority groups to understand the issues that affect them in the workplace
  • Discharging military members who refuse to follow orders
  • Understanding perceived loss of status by the dominant social group as a path to greater self-awareness

Viewpoints not worth considering:
  • Telling women their concerns about a gender neutral workplace aren't valid, or a waste of time
  • Telling men that stand up for a gender neutral workplace "pussies"
  • Being a racist, or a Nazi
  • Peddling in hare-brained conspiracies and disinformation about vaccines

As you can see, some ideas are just inherently bad. I'll bet if you put your mind to it, you can come up with additional examples for the group to discuss.

SlickAg

pilot
Recognizing other viewpoints doesn't mean that all of them are valid or worthwhile, but I know you have trouble seeing shades of gray. Let's compare...

Viewpoints worth considering:
  • Taking steps to promote inclusivity in the workplace
  • Listening to women and minority groups to understand the issues that affect them in the workplace
  • Discharging military members who refuse to follow orders
  • Understanding perceived loss of status by the dominant social group as a path to greater self-awareness
Viewpoints not worth considering:
  • Telling women their concerns about a gender neutral workplace aren't valid, or a waste of time
  • Telling men that stand up for a gender neutral workplace "pussies"
  • Being a racist, or a Nazi
  • Peddling in hare-brained conspiracies and disinformation about vaccines
As you can see, some ideas are just inherently bad. I'll bet if you put your mind to it, you can come up with additional examples for the group to discuss.
1) You’re clearly referring to members here with all of your other examples, so who exactly are you calling a racist and/or Nazi? That’s a pretty strong accusation, and I’d hope you’re able to back up that claim. So let’s hear it.

2) is this disinformation from the NEJM?

3) what exactly is @scoolbubba referring to here? Just another baseless conspiracy theory, or perhaps an actual bad idea? Is that a good enough “additional example” for the group to discuss?

When he isn't doing it here, he's harassing random women seeking guidance in picking a lawyer on his neighborhood's FB page. It's unbecoming, but pretty expected from him as he's proven to be a raging prick 99 times out of 100.

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
1) who exactly are you calling a Nazi? That’s a pretty strong accusation, and I’d hope you’re able to back up that claim. So let’s hear it.

2) is this disinformation from the NEJM?

3) what exactly is @scoolbubba referring to here? Just another baseless conspiracy theory? Or is that a good enough “additional example” for the group to discuss”?
No, it’s not baseless. It’s pretty sad though. Make some friends or do some self reflection. Shit.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You’re clearly referring to members here with all of your other examples, so who exactly are you calling a racist and/or Nazi? That’s a pretty strong accusation, and I’d hope you’re able to back up that claim. So let’s hear it.
I listed it as an example of a bad idea.

SlickAg

pilot
I listed it as an example of a bad idea.
So no comment about points 2 and 3?

Shocker.

Interesting that 7/8 of your bullets were clear allusions to recent posts made by people you frequently shout down and disagree with here, and yet you had to list racism and Nazism as an example.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So no comment about points 2 and 3?

Shocker.

Interesting that 7/8 of your bullets were clear allusions to recent posts made by people you frequently shout down and disagree with here, and yet you had to list racism and Nazism as an example.
As I've made clear here with you several times, I'm not debating COVID with you. You've said all your going to say, and nobody's mind is getting changed.... so? At any rate, I'm glad we both agree that racism and being a Nazi are good examples of bad ideas.

SlickAg

pilot
As I've made clear here with you several times, I'm not debating COVID with you. You've said all your going to say, and nobody's mind is getting changed.... so? At any rate, I'm glad we both agree that racism and being a Nazi are good examples of bad ideas.
You “won’t debate covid”, yet you’ll debate the Navy reserve’s covid policy despite not being a reservist...?

I’d ask for an all-inclusive list of topics you are willing to debate, but I’d hate to take time away from your other social media endeavors.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You “won’t debate covid”, yet you’ll debate the Navy reserve’s covid policy despite not being a reservist...?

I’d ask for an all-inclusive list of topics you are willing to debate, but I’d hate to take time away from your other social media endeavors.
Debating policy is different than debating about conspiracy theories (reference previously provided list of viewpoints not worth considering).

SlickAg

pilot
Debating policy is different than debating about conspiracy theories (reference previously provided list of viewpoints not worth considering).
So the New England Journal of Medicine is now peddling conspiracy theories?

Also, you going to address my point 3 (reference previous post)? You know, for the sake of the group discussion and all.