• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

Treetop Flyer

pilot
At least one more of them.

Still waiting on the presidential waiver for the EUA vaccine mandate, especially considering a federal judge just ruled they are not interchangeable and are legally distinct.

I know my base's clinic doesn't have comirnaty available for shots.
Stop breaking your oath bro

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Navy Does Not Approve Any Religious Exemptions as COVID-19 Vaccine Deadline Passes

(USNI NEWS 30 NOV 21) ... Heather Mongilio

The Navy did not approve any religious exemptions for the COVID-19, according to new numbers released by the Navy Tuesday night.

There were 2,531 requests for religious exemptions, according to the Navy. Those who were denied a religious exemption now have five days, from when they were notified, to start the vaccination process or they face separation.

The Navy also issued seven permanent medical exemptions, 400 temporary medical exemptions and 134 administrative exemptions, according to the the Navy. Non-religious administrative exemptions include those who might request a waiver because they are leaving the service, as an example.

There are six more medical exemptions pending.

Currently, 325,570 of active-duty sailors are fully vaccinated, with 328,540 sailors that have received at least one dose of the vaccine, according to the Navy. That means approximately 2,970 sailors could face separation or other administrative action for failing to meet the fully vaccinated status by the Nov. 28 deadline.

The chief of Naval Personnel will determine their status, USNI News previously reported.
534 medical and administration exemptions approved and 2,541 religious exemptions -- all of them -- disapproved.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
When the Republicans take back the House of Representatives in 2022, it will be interesting to see if they can force changes to this policy.

Speaking of the House of Representatives, some might not know that you do not have to be an elected member of the House of Representatives to be Speaker of the House - the House can elect someone else. It has never been done before, but those are the rules. Certainly not saying it will happen, but it is legal and you will hear rumors about it: Speaker of the House Donald J. Trump.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
to be sure, 7 permanent medical, 400 temp medical (i.e., you'll get the shot later) and 134 admin exemptions (I have an approved retirement/separation request, etc)

FAFO with your GUH, indeed.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
When the Republicans take back the House of Representatives in 2022, it will be interesting to see if they can force changes to this policy.

Speaking of the House of Representatives, some might not know that you do not have to be an elected member of the House of Representatives to be Speaker of the House - the House can elect someone else. It has never been done before, but those are the rules. Certainly not saying it will happen, but it is legal and you will hear rumors about it: Speaker of the House Donald J. Trump.
you know the speaker has a real job that requires real effort, right

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Stop breaking your oath bro

Eh, orders schmorders! Amirite?!

Good luck with that one, since January 2023 is well after all the mandate deadlines.

I also heard a rumor he won the 2020 election.

Last edited:

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Nonsequitor, but I get you two hinges confused sometimes unless I look closely:

It’s very very easy. “None of the funds appropriated in this Act shall…” yadda yadda. Purse strings and public laws (PLs) from Congress always trump manuals, instructions, policies, regulations, and executive orders. The only thing that trumps a PL would be a federal court overturning it. The big catch-all to enforce this is the Antideficiency Act.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
It's not even waiting that long:

The NDAA died in the Senate ... again ... and one of the reasons (among several) is debate over the policy for mandatory COVID-19 shots.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot