• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So what happens to all our unvaccinated on underway ships? Can CO’s keep them in the name of readiness/OP necessity? Hard to dump off 50-100 Sailors midway through a deployment without an impact.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So what happens to all our unvaccinated on underway ships? Can CO’s keep them in the name of readiness/OP necessity? Hard to dump off 50-100 Sailors midway through a deployment without an impact.
When I was looking at the waiver data a while back, average per CVN ship's company was 7-10. Some percentage of those will relent. Not so hard to dump off 5 folks who choose not to follow orders. Some other data points... in a command of about 800 people, we have 2-3 hardcore refusers. I was talking to a colleague yesterday in CAG-5. Their entire CVW is 100%. They apparently aggressively incentivized vaccines early on.

I know the Crayon-eaters are in a different place, but I think the impact to the NAE will be negligible.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
When I was looking at the waiver data a while back, average per CVN ship's company was 7-10. Some percentage of those will relent. Not so hard to dump off 5 folks who choose not to follow orders. Some other data points... in a command of about 800 people, we have 2-3 hardcore refusers. I was talking to a colleague yesterday in CAG-5. Their entire CVW is 100%. They apparently aggressively incentivized vaccines early on.

I know the Crayon-eaters are in a different place, but I think the impact to the NAE will be negligible.
“They apparently aggressively incentivized vaccines early on.”

I would ask if you copied that line from your fitrep but…

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Has anyone even been processed yet? Latest guidance I saw was wait on filing for separation until further notice.

I know of senior people who have been relieved of their billets, but they're still collecting paychecks.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Navy question: At what point will a booster be required to be considered fully vaccinated?

Civilian world comment: The private sector is a total shit show of poor leadership, uneven rules, nontransparency of decisions, and various games of chicken by employees and employers. By going against the federal courts, the executive branch has created a situation ripe for lawsuits and HR complaints. It’s been terrible for the business bottom line for companies that are actually pushing vaccines and fumbling through waiver approvals (rather than just approving the waivers in a timely manner, duh). Clear cases here and there of corporations pushing an ideology that isn’t good for profit making.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Has anyone even been processed yet? Latest guidance I saw was wait on filing for separation until further notice.

I know of senior people who have been relieved of their billets, but they're still collecting paychecks.

Yes, my former CO. Relieved of command and forced to retire 01 DEC.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
Yes, my former CO. Relieved of command and forced to retire 01 DEC.
I'm talking about forcibly booted via the process in the NAVADMIN. Your CO preemptively retired to avoid that.

Just wondering when we're going to discharge 3% of our Navy and roughly 4% of the overall AD military.

Which makes me curious - what are the costliest American battles in terms of overall % of forces lost (not just the % losses of units on the battlefield)?

Last edited:

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm talking about forcibly booted via the process in the NAVADMIN. Your CO preemptively retired to avoid that.

Just wondering when we're going to discharge 3% of our Navy and roughly 4% of the overall AD military.

Which makes me curious - what are the costliest American battles in terms of overall % of forces lost (not just the % losses of units on the battlefield)?
The sooner the better! They are dragging down our readiness and once they’re gone covid will no longer affect the DoD because vaccinated people can’t get infected or spread covid. Just having those vaccination power point slides turn green will be one of the greatest victories in our military’s recent history.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
To answer my own question: If we count every casualty as a loss, the Confederacy lost about 5-6% of its overall forces in the Battle of Gettysburg. The Union lost about 4% of its overall forces.

So basically the DOD's COVID policy is re-enacting the Battle of Gettysburg.

SlickAg

pilot
The sooner the better! They are dragging down our readiness and once they’re gone covid will no longer affect the DoD because vaccinated people can’t get infected or spread covid. Just having those vaccination power point slides turn green will be one of the greatest victories in our military’s recent history.
Moral responsibility

UInavy

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
So basically the DOD's COVID policy is re-enacting the Battle of Gettysburg.
Comparing vaccine refusers whose waivers have been denied to dead Civil War soldiers is specious at best. But you knew that.