• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Reserve COVID Vaccinations by October

snake020

Contributor
ALNAVRESFOR 010/21 is out.

"Beginning October 2021, reschedules, authorized absences, and virtual/telework drills are not authorized until fully vaccinated... Navy Reserve personnel are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine."

Did anyone quality check this message and the lead time? Given that Pfizer and Moderna require 3-4 weeks between doses and the additional two weeks for recognition as "fully vaccinated" it seems like this gives NOSCs that don't understand customer service or discretion no alternative but to give many Sailors UAs for their October drills.

Attachments

• MANDATORY VACCINATION CORONAVIRUS DISEASE 2019 FOR NAVY RESERVE.pdf
    252 KB · Views: 17

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
I saw this, what happened to the 120 days for reservists?

Interesting note. I spoke to my BILs, both of which are Os in the Army Res. They haven't received any guidance or comment about vaccinations.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
ALNAVRESFOR 010/21 is out.

"Beginning October 2021, reschedules, authorized absences, and virtual/telework drills are not authorized until fully vaccinated... Navy Reserve personnel are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completing the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after receiving a single dose of a one-dose vaccine."

Did anyone quality check this message and the lead time? Given that Pfizer and Moderna require 3-4 weeks between doses and the additional two weeks for recognition as "fully vaccinated" it seems like this gives NOSCs that don't understand customer service or discretion no alternative but to give many Sailors UAs for their October drills.
FAFO, I suppose

Hair Warrior

Contributor
Might as well change the thread title to “all federal workers”
Strike “federal” and add “almost all”

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot

Taking these two together:

"2.A Beginning October 2021, reschedules, authorized absences, and virtual/telework drills are not authorized until fully vaccinated. Only exceptions are for extenuating circumstances such as family death, serious injury/illness, or hospitalization. NRA/NOSC Commanders can direct non-fully vaccinated Sailors who drill at off-site locations to report to their assigned NRA/NOSC in order to complete required notifications, counseling, and vaccine administration.
2.B. The use of paid or non-paid IDT drills are authorized in order to maximize opportunities to receive the vaccination at civilian or military sites. Every effort will be made to support drilling reservists who are willing to receive the vaccine through a civilian or local program."

It seems like they are just eliminating any way for reservists to delay this. At least the way I read it, you can go to your Oct DWE (an authorized IDT) as long as you get the shot. Can't telework that one and avoid. Also can't resked it to later. Also can't get an AA for same reason. Could be wrong of course

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Taking these two together:

"2.A Beginning October 2021, reschedules, authorized absences, and virtual/telework drills are not authorized until fully vaccinated. Only exceptions are for extenuating circumstances such as family death, serious injury/illness, or hospitalization. NRA/NOSC Commanders can direct non-fully vaccinated Sailors who drill at off-site locations to report to their assigned NRA/NOSC in order to complete required notifications, counseling, and vaccine administration.
2.B. The use of paid or non-paid IDT drills are authorized in order to maximize opportunities to receive the vaccination at civilian or military sites. Every effort will be made to support drilling reservists who are willing to receive the vaccine through a civilian or local program."

It seems like they are just eliminating any way for reservists to delay this. At least the way I read it, you can go to your Oct DWE (an authorized IDT) as long as you get the shot. Can't telework that one and avoid. Also can't resked it to later. Also can't get an AA for same reason. Could be wrong of course
Because it's close enough to fit . . .

50982f7a-7e0c-4dc0-910d-2c446d8a429b_text.gif

Sounds like "you can either get stuck in October, you can use drills to get stuck some other time, but don't plan on doing any Navy work of any significance until you're stuck. And if you choose not to, well, TYFYS and AMF; you can pick up your ADSEP for 9 Us on your way out the door."

SELRES_AMDO

Is it really that hard to just show up to your NOSC and get stuck?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it really that hard to just show up to your NOSC and get stuck?
An enterprising NOSC CO would also offer two drills to compensate for the day you spend flat on your ass SIQ after the second shot, or at least that was my experience. That way folks can't complain about having to take sick time from work.

Weirdest thing. Natural diseases come and go slowly, but the Moderna shot was like "boom, 12 hours in, here's instant fever and chills, go" followed by "boom, didn't that suck? You're suddenly fine now" 22 hours later.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Weirdest thing. Natural diseases come and go slowly, but the Moderna shot was like "boom, 12 hours in, here's instant fever and chills, go" followed by "boom, didn't that suck? You're suddenly fine now" 22 hours later.

Yeah, Pfizer was almost clockwork when the chills and fever began 12 hours later (post second shot). That faded for me pretty quickly and I fell asleep, but I was pretty useless for anything the entire next day.

Treetop Flyer

pilot
Why not?

Go and get the shot and be done with it. Or tell the NOSC you refuse so the paperwork can be started. It's a complete waste of everyone else's time and resources dealing with the antivax crowd.
There are people that will be granted exceptions. I just wanted to confirm you were sticking with the “I complied and fuck those other guys” line of thinking.